Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Bought a Weber Summit Charcoal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kingdarb - very nicely done. Great looking brisket! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Kudos and congrats!

Comment

Taking bets on when (if ever) kingdarb changes his avatar?

Comment

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        After 2 more cooks.

• kingdarb
        kingdarb commented
        Editing a comment
        ...am I allowed to place a bet??

I just made the case that I need one of these as a combination Christmas/Birthday gift. We'll see what happens in 9 days.

Comment

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        Toss in May Day too.

• mayapoppa
        mayapoppa commented
        Editing a comment
        9 days... April 23rd? Me too.

JeffJ : I am pretty much an enabler, but I say go for it!!!

​
      Originally posted by JeffJ View Post

It seems to me that having 2 charcoal grate positions increases the grilling possibilities. In my kettle I bank the coals off to one side, cook indirect and reverse sear. The problem with that technique is that the entire grate cannot be used all at once. But, what if we were to move the charcoal grate to the lower position when entertaining load up the entire grate with burgers and dogs for a 4th of July cookout? The coals are far enough away from the food grate to create a bit of a PBC -effect and the entire grate can be utilized. On top of that it comes with a 'hover grill' that was custom-designed for this rig and we are talking about a lot of built-ini potential capacity.

I have GOT to get one of these!
      :

Comment

wbzipf : It's a good day when one gets approval from the wife for a big purchase! In answer to your question, at this point I am not entirely sure. I have only done one cook on the Weber (which I am very happy with), but have done many more on the KJ. I don't plan on getting rid of the KJ anytime soon, but after I have cooked a bit more on the Weber I'll be able to form an opinion as to which I would choose if I could have only one.

At this stage, it seems like the Weber may be a bit more versatile, but again, I just got it, so time will tell. Will keep you posted.

Originally posted by wbzipf View Post
        Man, this review is great! Thanks so much for these detailed posts. I have the go ahead from my wife to get one of these, but before I do, I was curious to know what your preference would be if you could only have one of either your Kamado or the SCG, which would it be and why?
        :

Comment

• wbzipf
          wbzipf commented
          Editing a comment
          The versatility is what I am attracted to, thanks!

Kingdarb, et al,

Well, I did it. I just pulled the trigger and ordered a Weber SCG Center. I ordered from Firecraft, where its on backorder (I guess they have been selling well). I expect to receive in a few weeks. I will keep you all posted on my experience with it once I get it.

Comment

• James Holden
          James Holden commented
          Editing a comment
          kingdarb Fine Swine wbzipf what kind of prices did you get? if I may be so bold.

• Fine Swine
          Fine Swine commented
          Editing a comment
          1499 with no taxes and free shipping.

• wbzipf
          wbzipf commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, no special deal on the SCG center either, it cost $1999. The nice thing was the free shipping (no need to pick it up) and no sales tax.

Well, I received the note that Firecraft will receive their back orders on May 1st, so I should expect to receive it sometime that week. Boy, it will be a long two weeks.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          I can imagine!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here