Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It’s here! (E6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great addition, I hope they play well. Tell them no jealousy allowed😊.

Comment

Sir, you are a Weber afficionado. Have you ever visited the Virtual Weber Bullet Website? Great site for Weber owners. You can get custom made wood handles and they can be engraved with whatever you want. Many threads on various upgrades for your kettle. See you also have the 70th anniversary`model......nice. I got one too (diner green). Didn't need it, just had to have it. Weber is a great product. The 70th anniversary metal plaque is going to go up on my BBQ area fence.

Congrats.

Comment

Like the boll weevil, it was just a’ lookin’ fer a home. I’m sure it will give you many awesome cooks.

Comment

Have been contemplating this cooker for a year.... Hope you enjoy it!

Comment

• Sid P
            Sid P commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here, but there aren’t many used ones available.

Enjoy your New Cooker!

Comment

Welcome to the Weber Summit Charcoal club! You are really going to love cooking on it. I bought mine back when they were first introduced, and have enjoyed every single cook on it. You're going to enjoy having a larger cooking area compared to the 22" kettles, and cooking in kamado mode is rock solid. There is a lot of great food ahead for you and your family.

If you get a chance, show us some photos of that first pork belly/brisket/homemade spam cook.

FWIW, here are some lighting instructions and notes on charcoal use that you might like to read. You can skip the info about lining some covering parts with aluminum foil and using the SnapJet ignition.

Kathryn's Kamado Mode Lighting Instructions for the WSCGC
            Note: 1 scoop full = 40 coals or ½ chimney

1. Foil the Ash Bucket and the Diffuser Plate. Wipe the (previously cleaned) grate down with a disinfectant wipe and then wipe down again with water. Set out two disposable aluminum pans for drip pans to be set on the diffuser plate, or, if you want to keep the juices, use ceramic spacers and an 18” round drip pan.

2. Use 2.5 scoops for short cooks like ribs or chicken and 4 scoops for long cooks like pork butt, chuck or brisket. Four scoops will give you about 10-12 hours of decent temps (250° or more). Spread them pretty evenly on the charcoal grate. Top with 5-6 chunks of wood (4 to 6 oz each). Don't put a wood chunk directly over the igniter. 5 to 6 chunks will give you about 5 hours of beautiful blue smoke. For short cooks, use 1 chunk of wood. (Reminder: 1 Weber scoop holds about 40 coals, about half a chimney.)

3. Start the SnapJet ignition going. Let it run for exactly 5 minutes with the lid open and bottom vent fully open.

4. After the 5 minute ignition, turn off the SnapJet igniter. Add the diffuser plate, two aluminum drip pans and the food grate. Attach the ambient probes to the grate. Close the lid, flip down the top vent but leave the holes fully open (bottom vent still fully open) and watch the temperature climb.

5. When you're about 70 degrees from your goal temperature, close the bottom vent to the smoke setting (or just below if your WSCGC runs hot) and close the top vent to 1/2 or less, again, depending on your Weber. I like to have the lower vent just above the blue tape and the top vent at 1/3 to ride out the cook.

6. Before adding meat, brush the grate with a paper towel dipped in cooking oil to give it some lubrication.

More WSCGC Kamado Mode Notes:
            If using KBB, there's a ton of white smoke until the Weber gets around 225-250, then it settles out to white wispy/blue smoke for several hours. If the smoke is pure white (no grey), I'll put the cold meat on at 180°F grate level temp so it can get a jump on the smoke flavor. I feel (but don't know for sure) that adding that cold mass helps to keep the temperatures from running away. I've done it both ways--adding the meat early at 180°F and adding it at 225°F, and honestly, if I keep an eye on the temp, I've yet to have a runaway smoker.

With B&B Briquettes, there's no billowing white smoke. Just nice smoke pretty much right after shutting off the SnapJet. I use 3 scoops of B&B and one scoop of KBB, because the KBB lights more quickly. I place the KBB briquettes closer to the SnapJet side and spread the B&B briquettes around it. Ditto with Weber Briquettes.

Smoking in the 250-270 range: A 4-scoop-load of coals (Kingsford Original) lasts about 8-9 hours at that setting. I set the lower vent to just above (to the right of) the smoker setting and the upper vent to 1/3 open.

For cooking at or below 250, I close the lower vent to just below the smoker setting (to the left of it) and set the upper vent to 1/4 open. At 250 or less, I can get about 10-12 hours of smoke out of a single 4-scoop-load of Kingsford Original coals.

Kathryn

Comment

Awesome! Gonna get my SIL one. Look forward to hearing your experiences.

Comment

I see your Simpson anniversary Weber. I also had one for years. Woo hoo!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here