Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cover Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cover Options

tl;dr: In search of a good cover, but don't want to pay $80-100 for subpar quality...

I have held off on getting a cover for my WSCG because I thought it would be one of the easiest accessories to find. Unfortunately, the Weber branded one is sky high right now, and I've never liked the Weber covers I've had for bigger grills.

For those of you who have the Weber cover, is the quality significantly better than the ones they make for the 22" Kettle and Spirit 300 series? I had both of those in the past and they were low grade and didn't last. Ironically, I have a Char Broil cover on my Spirit that has held strong for 6 years now, though I'm not a fan of CB grills.

Obviously the demand for these are low, given the odd shape (body + propane ignitor) so I didn't expect to find many comparable shaped grill covers from the major brands. So I figured if I was close to the $100 price point, it may be best to get a custom cover. So that brought me to Covers And All. I priced one out with their "Tuff" fabric and it was a little over $100. Would love to hear from anyone who has experience with this brand.

Finally, there is one on Amazon right now for $60 that seems better than the stock Weber but not as nice as the Covers And All. You can find it under "Classic Accessories Ravenna Water-Resistant 40 Inch BBQ Grill Cover for Weber Summit" (not sure if I am allowed to post links here).

What kind of cover do you use/recommend? Thanks in advance. You guys have been amazing so far with all my rookie questions!

Coversandall.com

highly recommended. I have 4 different ones from them, my dad has 2. I’ve had most of mine going on 5-6 years and they are still in excellent condition. They are under the porch but one gets half day sun and that side is still doing well.

Others here will recommend also. You can have custom built but they have a number of grills already in their inventory for you to choose from.

Comment

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      2nd. Have one for my Klose grill. very good fitting and quality.

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto on coversandall.com. I got a custom made zippered cover from them for my kitchen cart that fits perfectly for around $80. Shipping is super fast from India.

I only buy Coversandall covers, and I have a lot of covers from them. Many are at least 5 years old or more and still working great.

Comment

I have a WSCGC (with the attached table) and the large custom-shaped Weber cover for it. The Weber cover is very good quality--not like some of the older ones which were more plastic-like. I liked it so well that I replaced the cover on my Weber Summit gasser as well, which had seen better days anyway. I also relatively recently (like in the past year or so) got a Weber cover for my 22" kettle. Again, I think it's good quality.

I wouldn't hesitate to get a Weber cover, but then all my cookers are on a covered deck, not exposed to the elements. I don't know about how they stand up to rain and snow. I'm thinking they'd be just fine.

Oh and P.S.--Yes you can post links here. There's a little link icon available in the posting menu that can help you do that.

Kathryn
      Last edited by fzxdoc; June 21, 2022, 05:50 AM.

Comment

I fully agree with you on the Weber brand covers. I've had them for my various gas and charcoal grills over the years, and they get stiff and crack after a year or two. I've been using two brands off of Amazon that have lasted really well though - Texas Grill Covers, and King Kong grill covers. The coating on the cover is just more pliable and UV resistant than what Weber uses, and has held up for 3-4 years without issue so far on my Genesis II, Genesis Silver A, Performer and my dad's Spirit grill.

Comment

Here's another (very affordable) option available from Classic Accessories on Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HCR89W...roduct_details

I seem to get about 7+ years from them here in Colorado (protecting a Genesis EP-330 on a covered deck) ... and could probably have squeezed out even more, but was reluctant to dip into my duct tape supply.

Comment

• Grillin Dad
            Grillin Dad commented
            Editing a comment
            +1 on Classic Accessories. I have them on my grills (kettle and gasser), gas fire pit, and patio furniture (in the winter). They’re on an uncovered deck with full Colorado sun all day, everyday. Under those conditions, I’ve found they last about a year. But CA warranties all their covers (1 year, 3 years, or lifetime) and is really good about replacing them. Fill out a form and a few weeks later there’s a new cover in the mail. They’re also really affordable, ours are all in the $20-30 range

I bought the Ravenna off Amazon. I see it’s on sale now for $47 and it’s held up well to some really insane weather here in Montana snow, hail, lots of rain, then 97F.

Classic Accessories Ravenna Water-Resistant 57 Inch Grill Center Cover for Weber Summit https://a.co/d/fi0PijR
          Last edited by MT_Cinnabear; June 21, 2022, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I’ve had the old Weber covers that like others have said will eventually become brittle and crack so I was a little hesitant like you in getting another Weber cover. When I first got the new style I remember thinking it seemed really cheap and thin, and I contemplated returning it but I held on to it. I’ve ended up really liking it. It is really lightweight, keeps it dry and I can’t foresee it ever dry rotting.
            That said, once you get it in your hand you kind of realize you’re paying a pretty steep price for that logo on the front. That’s really my only complaint… the cost vs what you get.

Comment

My Weber Genesis, and it's Weber cover, are six years old. I've been impressed with the quality. It's been in the sun all of those years. And sub zero winters. It just developed it's first small tear earlier this year, when it caught on a corner of one of the side tables. So I'll be in the market for a replacement. The reality is, these days 6 years is a lifetime, so the quality from 6 years is not indicative of the quality today. I'd be more inclined to trust the recommendation of the quality of something purchased a month ago than the quality of something bought several years ago.

Comment

If you have any skill with a Singer, check this out, https://www.sailrite.com/How-to-Make...ll-Cover-Video
                Looks easy-peasy

Comment

• Donw
                  Donw commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Our family has a love for sailing so I purchased one of the Sailrite machines years ago. First it was a sail cover, then winch covers, then covers or cushions for everything else on the boats. For the past several years it was been new cushions for all our outdoor seats. Go down the Sailrite rabbit hole and you will get the other Two versions of MCS. More Cover Syndrome and More Cushions Syndrome. 🙂

I ended up buying the Ravenna brand cover. It finally arrived this week and I'm really impressed with the quality and fit.

Comment

I ordered Ravenna cover from Classic Accessories for my new Weber Performer based on the recommendations here. Looking forward to being able to put it outdoors.

Comment

I just ordered one from covers and all for my Genesis. It’s fully exposed to the elements. My Silverbac is under the soffit so it’s semi protected. They have a 25% sale going on so I bit. I never bought the Weber stock one based on my previous experience with the cover for my old spirit. I bought some cheapo thing on Amazon which is slowly dying. Interestingly enough I still have the stock one that came with my WSM and it’s held up fine. Looking forward to getting it.

Comment

I usually buy the cheapest cover I can find on Amazon and replace it periodically.

Comment

I have several Classic Accessories covers for various cookers, including the WSCGC.
                        The Summit is under a covered patio and gets very little direct sunlight…mornings only.
                        The bottom straps are starting to fray…but as they aren’t entirely required, I’ll probably just cut them off.

Two other cookers get a whole lot more sunlight…like most of the day… They both developed tears. >:-/
                        I contacted CA, sent a couple pics, along with the product number, and they shipped two new covers out within days. Great customer service and they stood behind their product.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here