Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SNS Low Pro'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNS Low Pro'

Credit to GrantT at TVWBB for posting this, but the SNS Low Profile is back on sale!

Get all the performance specifications of the Slow 'N Sear® Original, but with a shorter height (charcoal grate to food grate distance) to accommodate grills such as the Weber Summit® Charcoal Grill.

Now the question is - do I stick with my regular SNS or get a Low Profile. Hrmm.....

OMG.

Grab one as soon as you can. I love mine.

Old Glory

Kathryn

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Order completed

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
    OMG.

Grab one as soon as you can. I love mine.

Old Glory

Kathryn
    REALLY tempted to, but then again, what does it do that my current SNS can't? Other than the grate sitting flush in the grill instead of being lifted up on one side? Then again, nobody knows their stuff like Doc!

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      It is the one that fits in the WSCG. Other than that I don't think you need it over a regular one.

Bumping to keep this on first page for a few days. Do we know if this is a limited run or here to stay?

Comment

I'm going to buy one. I figure it's like enthusiast's that complain a car isn't offered in a manual, but then don't buy manuals when given the option people have been asking for this to return, I figured it's better for it to be a success. Plus, I figure I can sell my SNS or give it away. Likelihood is it'll sit in my garage though 🤣

Would buy it now, but I'm out of town and I want to minimize porch pirates, so I'll buy when back in town

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think you'll regret it. It's the right tool for the job.

K.

Wow. Really glad they brought this back - sort of. Now I'm ready to look at the Weber Summit charcoal grill again. ((sigh))

Comment

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        You will not regret it

• bmillin
        bmillin commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel your pain. Might get me off the fence.

Originally posted by cgrover60 View Post
      Wow. Really glad they brought this back - sort of. Now I'm ready to look at the Weber Summit charcoal grill again. ((sigh))

Comment

You'd love cooking on the WSCGC, cgrover60 . In kamado mode, there's about the same real estate as the 26" kettle with SnS. Plus it rocks in kettle mode too, especially with the Lo Profile SnS designed especially for the WSCG.

To my mind, it's like the King of Kettles in kettle mode. In kamado mode, it gives all the rest of them a run for their money. Can you tell that Mr. Fancypants has a special place in my heart (right next to the PBC)?

Get that Santa's wish list filled out right away!

Kathryn
        Last edited by fzxdoc; December 3, 2021, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• cgrover60
          cgrover60 commented
          Editing a comment
          You know you don't have to sell me fzxdoc. I took it off my MCS list when SNS Grills dropped the low profile from their lineup and well now here we go again.

You definitely don't need the Slow n' Sear. I have been using my WSCG for two years without one. It is without a doubt the most versatile grill I have ever used. As Kathryn stated it is the "King of Kettles". In kettle mode (Fire grate in upper position) you can do two zone, full hot with plenty of grilling real estate, reverse sear two zone quickly going from 250 to searing in minutes without having to pull out a plate setter or dealing with multi level grids and half plates - just open the vents, can smoke just like a kettle but it's better because it is insulated and temps hold steady much much better especially in cold weather.

Lower the fire grate fill with charcoal and wood chunks and use the baffle and it works just like a kamado, but better. If you overshoot your target temp you can open it up dump some heat and get it back under control. The insulated metal holds temp rock steady but it is not a heat sink like the mass of ceramic so it can be adjusted more easily. Super efficient you can run it for hours on one load. I can't say enough good things.

Before the SnS I used fire brick to create two zones. I am excited to get the SnS to add another way to cook to an already versatile cooker!

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish I could triple "like" this post. It says it all.

Kathryn

Ordered!

Comment

Is This a limited run or will this be available in the future. I will be moving in 7 months buying a Summit Kamado when i get there. Should i buy this before the move and keep in the box? Also i have a SNS deluxe in my Weber Performer will it fit in the WSCG?
          Last edited by Tony Funge; December 11, 2021, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            It has come and gone in the past.........

• GoDuke
            GoDuke commented
            Editing a comment
            I bought one to support the product and company, but frankly you don’t really NEED the low profile if you have a regular. The regular just makes the cooking grate sit up a little bit. I just figured down the road I’d kick myself for not getting it - not a rational reason to buy one but it justified MCS 😀

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            The benefits over using a regular sized slow and sear are having more charcoal capacity and being able to use the cold grate technique. The Slow N Sear isn’t as game changing on the WSCG/Kamado as it is on a kettle, but I like it mostly as I feel I get better control of the smoke with chunks across the top of it versus mixed in the bottom. The low profile did disappear for a couple years, so signs say it’s likely going to return in limited runs.

Cooking a 3 bone rib roast today (ribs removed and cooked seperately of course) - Excited for the SNS. this should be the perfect use case vs Kamado mode. cook indirect at 225 until up to temp, then open the rapidfire damper get her snot-hot and sear it off.

right now I'm cooking the ribs until we get closer to dinner. She's holding temps pretty well at 230.

Comment

On sale for 10% off today., 12/11/2021.

Comment

Still debating on getting the Slow N Sear for my WSCGC. Is it worth it? For reverse searing, is it appreciably better than just stacking coals on 1 side of the grill? For lower temperature cooks/smokes, is it better than just using coals at the lower level with/without the baffle (i.e. Kamado style) - especially since you lose some grill real estate with SnS?

Comment

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                The SnS is really great for smoking in kettle mode on the WSCGC. It holds a nice steady temperature throughout long cooks. The only time I smoke in kettle (vs. kamado) mode on it is for smaller cooks like meatloaves, a brisket flat or a couple of chuck roasts, etc., since the SnS takes up a piece of the real estate. Plus it uses less charcoal than smoking in kamado mode. I think the steady performance of the SnS is its best selling point.

Kathryn
                Last edited by fzxdoc; December 13, 2021, 07:33 AM.

• au4stree
                au4stree commented
                Editing a comment
                One thing I've discovered since using my WSCGC, is that I much prefer smoking in kettle mode with either the snake or my SnS. I just don't care for the volatized grease dropping on the diffuser. I've tried placing water pans underneath to catch them, but that quickly evaporates and I'm stuck with same problem. Just another thing to consider in your purchase.

• Old Glory
                Old Glory commented
                Editing a comment
                I will add that using the S&S also makes clean up easier. You can pull out the leftover coals in the S&S rather than having to scoop up the loose leftover coals. It is a good add.

Originally posted by ckoshkarian View Post
              Still debating on getting the Slow N Sear for my WSCGC. Is it worth it? For reverse searing, is it appreciably better than just stacking coals on 1 side of the grill? For lower temperature cooks/smokes, is it better than just using coals at the lower level with/without the baffle (i.e. Kamado style) - especially since you lose some grill real estate with SnS?
              if you're just going to do a long, low smoke, I think Kamado mode is better (based on my relatively little experience). But if you want to be able to do a reverse sear or cook some things high heat to go along with your smoked entree, then it's better than Kamado mode I think. I don't think there's a handy way to move the center charcoal grate from the bottom to the top adjustment.

Another nice thing vs just stacking the coals is that the SnS takes the abuse, not the side of your grill. I've read elsewhere that banking coals against the wall of the cooker can damage the grill over time

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here