Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had the talk last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had the talk last night.

I broke it to my bride that the summit with table is being moved from a hope to someday, to it will happen next year. I did say that I would look for a used one, which she replied, just get a new one. Then I kind of warned her about a stick burner, and a pk 360.. I just got a look, ha!

I tried all that, wife said no and then bought me a car... the car has already cost more than all the grills I was looking at adding. I want to say "I told you so", but I know better (this time)

Comment

What happened to a beautiful cabinet?

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Cabinet is still on my list,but, im realizing I really want a stick burner. So, all of that is still in the really making sure I get it right.

I was noting recently how expensive my dream outdoor kitchen is going to be. And then my wife reminded my that her silver flute with a gold head joint cost around $15k and then there are the expenses of her horses, so I'm going to be totally in the clear!

Comment

• Jim White
        Jim White commented
        Editing a comment
        ComfortablyNumb Oh, you mean the pasture I put $150 worth of rye seed on today? I'm thinking it didn't spread evenly. I was towing a fertilizer spreader behind my four wheeler. I took the short controller cable off the spreader and replaced it with a long mower throttle cable so I could open and close the hole on the spreader while moving.

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        My wife is totally on board, she wants even more for our outdoor kitchen in hard top etc.. she is just new to the idea of a smoker for 5-8,000 grand. Plus still owning others. Lol baby steps. The 24 summit was my teaser.. 😃

Damn, little bites, Rich, little bites!! Don't get her all spooked when you have her where you want! Or something like that...

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        I still have not broken the Sant Maria need yet.. she is kind of guessing there will be a pizza oven of some sort.

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        You and I have married the women that most men only dream of.

Well, if you wanna do it the right way, just follow my advice Richard. I always tell my women what I want, when I want it and then tell em there ain’t a damn thing they can do about if they don’t like it. Works wonders!
      says 65 year old single guy

Comment

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait. Don’t you live alone? Are you sure that approach is really working?

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Is living in your mom’s basement living alone?

• Clark
        Clark commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John How long has it been since your last divorce?

Richard - don't forget to mention an insulated cabinet smoker. They perform best in cold weather climates.

There is a method here. Do a ton of research. Start printing out models and specs. They are expensive. They will be seen and will certainly raise eyebrows.

When you get the "what for" pretend to pout and say you won't spend that much and will settle for the Summit, PK and a modest log burner.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol, I keep putting photos of really large, smokers, the stuff that gets mounted to trailers, on her face book page.. I’m trying to scare her a bit, so when I show her a cabinet or more modest stick burner she is a bit relieved. That is my strategy at least.

Whatever works for ya Richard.

Comment

#stickburners

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          This weekend I spent a bit of time around my 22wsm, and everytime the wood started on fire,I just breathed easier. It just smells right.

A stick burner, yeah, thinking on that. But, I know that it could be something I regret with having to baby sit, but could also like that. But so far, I have liked things like a BGE and PBC ...

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          6-9 hour cook I can’t imagine a better experience. The long cooks, I’d go back to my other set ups. No way I am sitting up when I can be sleeping. Lol

Alright! Ya softened the beaches, yessir. Now March on.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here