Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Summit Kamado S6 inbound! – questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glitchy View Post
    I only had a few minutes earlier, but wanted to respond quickly to your post. I’ve got a little more time now, so wanted to apologize more. You are right to be frustrated and have every right to vent here. People shouldn’t have this much frustration when buying grills that cost his much. Don’t let my comments at all let you think everyone here (myself included) doesn’t want to hear how things unfold and if your problems get resolved or not. I just get frustrated when the "I’m done with X" or "I’ll never consider Y now" comments from others show up as it doesn’t help the OPs at all when you are already frustrated and the issue is pretty new and hasn’t had enough time to be fully resolved. However, everyone has the right to feel how they feel and share their opinion too. If I looked through all my old posts I’ve probably done the same at times too. So my apologies for poorly trying to share my experiences and opinions in response to that and likely frustrated you even further.

Since it sounds like you’ve talked to Weber a few times maybe, hopefully all the right pieces are on the way to get you squared away and you can get past being angry every time you use the grill shortly after that. Even if they are in transit it sounds like those conversations haven’t been pleasant?

Weber does have some QC problems right now as well as QA problems too vetting new designs and changes. It’s very apparent with posts like this, the rollout of the E6 on the wobbly cart, the SmokeFire launch fiasco, etc. They are also still adapting from a brick and mortar model and have a long way to go yet on packaging for direct to consumer shipping. Stuff doesn’t need to show up damaged as frequently as theirs does. I think they know it and are working on it, but from experience still have a lot of work to do. Continued poor customer service is getting hard to excuse them on though.
    Hey glitchy, I really appreciate your posts, but also didn't mean to suggest you needed to apologize or that you offended me. It's a good reminder that none of this stuff really matters in the grand scheme of things and that we should all give each other (including companies) grace during these challenging times. My experience with Weber this week was also just compounded with a crummy week at work, so things like this just frayed my already frayed attitude.

I also realize that the chronicling of negative experiences can wear on everybody, me included. So it's probably good to just give them some grace, work the process and report back when that's done rather than the blow-by-blow. I just needed a place to vent.

re: the "I'm done with X", type posts, I have to admit, based on where I am with Weber now, I can't say that I'd swear them off completely, but this will definitely give me pause in the future when deciding whether and how to buy a weber product. Based on my relatively limited experience, I think Weber has the capabilities and infrastructure to play in the <$1,000 range. If this thing had cost $800, I'd be bummed but not quite as frustrated overall. I can't believe you had to truck back your smoke fire at your own expense! IMO, in those cases, somebody (Weber as the ultimate responsibility) should take care of that for you. I guess I should have researched that a bit more and read your posts.

Weber customer service reps at least have had a good attitude about it and haven't argued with me, which I'm guessing I could get with some other companies. Unfortunately, their solutions just seem to be - let's throw a bunch of parts at it. I guess that's better than having to convince a company to take the expense of shipping out parts. When all is said and done, I'll probably send Weber CS a succinct note on how they could improve. One suggestion will be to assign a CS Supervisor to anybody that has more than a couple trouble tickets. That's probably better for the customer (frustrated) and the company (to make sure the customer isn't trying to build a second grill one piece at a time :P).

Really though, thanks for your post and engagement

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here