Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enjoying the WSC ... it is awesomesauce!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoying the WSC ... it is awesomesauce!

OK, I have done a few grills on the WSC, and I have to say that it is so fun and easy! I loved my Weber Performer, and with the SNS in it, the Performer was hard to beat.
    But I have to tell you that the new WSC is much better in so many ways. For example, the temps are very easy to go from low to high and back again. I am amazed how fast this thing gets hot, and how easy it stays there. The lid, being hinged, doesn't need to be placed somewhere as you work on the grill. The bigger space helps, the design of the upper ring makes spinning the grill grate a snap when you want to rotate it. The smoke, wow I get so much more with less wood than I did before. Maybe just me but it works! And the efficiency of the grill with the fuel. Outstanding! I can see why they eliminated the hinges on the diffuser. You just load up the charcoal and go.

Really really happy and having fun with this new style grill/smoker.

Edit: Forgot to add, and this is important, that the food has come out more juicy and moist than when I used the Performer! Maybe something to do with the higher dome, but this difference alone is a game changer!
    Last edited by The Marshal; April 17, 2021, 08:39 AM.

Thanks for your review!

Comment

They are great grills. Enjoy!

My go to charcoal cooker. So versatile and easy to use.

Comment

Glad you like it! I love my WSCGC.

Comment

I recently attached the Fireboard fan and it makes it even easier to control temps.

Comment

I love mine too. With a vortex and modified big joetisserie, it’s just so versatile to cook anything. I need to play with the Hunsaker Griddle more too to figure out the fire management for good temp control.

Comment

That’s the name of the game, happy & fun!

Hmm, no pics eh?

Comment

Yup, a WSCGC is instant love right out of the crate. Mine, named Mr. Fancypants, is going strong for over 4.5 years now. Solid performance every cook.

Kathryn

Comment

CRUSHED a Pork Butt this weekend. Used Meat Church's Honey Pork Rub. Nice. Family said it was the best I have ever done. AND it was super juicy.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Did a Nolan Ryan beef rib eye for myself. Also tried out the new to me Meat Church Holy Cow rub. It is heavy on the pepper. SOOO good. Seriously one of the most flavorful steaks I have made in awhile.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• fzxdoc
                      fzxdoc commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm curious about that fire distribution. Looks like you've got a Vortex there? Why the coals around what looks like the diffuser plate? Disclaimer: I could be all wrong about this. Sometimes its easy to misperceive a photo, at least for me, at first glance.

Kathryn

I love my WSCGC...incredibly versatile & efficient.
                    A Vortex turns it into a serious wing cookin’ machine.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here