Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woohoo! Got me a new Kamado grill....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woohoo! Got me a new Kamado grill....

Yay! It finally came in (Shout out to Ace Hardware on Beltline in Richardson for making it happen)
    I want to point out that the literature (who reads that??) with the grill says you get a free Weber Recipe book with Registration.
    But there was nothing that happened when I registered. Had to contact Customer Service, and they made it happen.

Assembly was pretty simple, but 2 things: PAY Attention to how you line up the collars on the legs. The bolt holes need to be straight, no wiggle room if they are not centered. and where it says you need 2 people to finish the leg assembly... you NEED 2 people. Hahah, or you can play "Twister" in the backyard by yourself like I did trying to make a 2 person job into a 1 idiot job.

I did a "trial cook" with some chicken thighs, and when I poured the coals out and spread them around, it didn't take 2-3 minutes before I was rocking 600F in the cooker. Woot! Took a few minutes to get the temps down.
    It will be a slight learning curve coming from the Performer I have been using the last 8 years

Comment

Congrats. Assuming this is a Weber Summit Charcoal?

Comment

• The Marshal
        The Marshal commented
        Editing a comment
        Yessir!

I know all about those 2 man=good/ 1man=idiot jobs. Congrats.

Comment

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait a minute, are you telling me that I can get help with these projects? Why didn't I think of that.

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Nice! Welcome to the Kamado club!

Comment

Congrats on a fine grill!

Comment

Congratulations on your new cooker.

Comment

Awesome cooker congrats!

Comment

Congrats! You're going to love it. I got my cookbook without having to ask, but it was a long time after I registered, something like 3-4 months possibly.

Edit: I also hate when the manuals are right and you really do need two people for assembly. I usually take it as a challenge more than a requirement.
                  Last edited by glitchy; April 9, 2021, 03:38 PM.

Comment

We need a short veido of the twister action.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here