Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Quite Show Us What You're Cooking - A Spoof of SUWYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panhead John I like how you were going for nostalgia in that first post. Nothing says school lunch like burnt crinkle fries, amirite? Need exact recipe details please.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      BourBonQ I knew when I posted that, I would become inundated with recipe requests. Due to the complex and highly technical nature of that cook, most of the people here just don’t have the time nor inclination to attempt a duplication of my recipe.

• johnmcq4
      johnmcq4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey now, don't be slamming school lunch. My wife was a lunch lady and she never served the burnt fries.

I can’t believe I’m posting this. I lost a bet. Here goes....this is gonna be brutal.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; October 14, 2020, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much Donw Most people only know me by my famous clam chowder recipe. But most are not aware of my many other talents, which does include my forays into the acting field.
      Last edited by Panhead John; October 15, 2020, 07:44 PM.

• wu7y
      wu7y commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking at your chapeau. Looks like you found your neighbors cat.

• Clark
      Clark commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought you would be a lot fatter.

For a guy who cooks and eats a lot, you sure have kept your girlish figure!

Here's something I h'whipped up not too long ago. This is the kinda thing that made my lovely bride fall for me. Recipe avail upon request. I don't remember what all I did but I can search my notes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG4341.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	923795

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      jerrybell You got it. I did the bread test too, but this was after that.

• IdahoJim
      IdahoJim commented
      Editing a comment
      So which ones were better? The ones on the smoke grate or the ones on the sear grate? You can't tell me that was an accident... 🙂

• fracmeister
      fracmeister commented
      Editing a comment
      I urge you to consider sous vide and sear. mmmm

I like how you had your grate probe out......for fricking hot dogs! 😂😂😂

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I need precision with the tricky stuff. Every detail counts or the end product just wouldn't have won the lady's heart.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, temp is king around here.

The ribeye doesn't look that bad. The crust make up for the slightly bloody texture.
    But then you showed it plated. That ketchup is way too close to the meat.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Pat...sorry but no compliments here. You have the wrong thread. 😆
      I’m really surprised Schwyy hasn’t posted some pics here yet. He’s probably got a ton of material for this thread.
      Last edited by Panhead John; October 14, 2020, 05:56 PM.

So..........all this talk about an Asian channel today got me hungry so
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0614.JPG Views:	7 Size:	2.48 MB ID:	923892
    What the heck? Actually it wasn't bad, not real good but not bad. Will bow out in shame now.
    Last edited by ofelles; October 14, 2020, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Stuey1515
      Stuey1515 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's where the other half of that cat went!!

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      That's me without the noodles.

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      You had me at 'Drunken', lost me at 'noodles'....

Originally posted by Panhead John View Post
    HawkerXP gave me an idea. I’ve always wanted to sometimes make fun or post sarcastic comments about some of the cooks we’ve posted. In a teasing manner. Most everyone here are damn good cooks, except for me. I know we have a lot of closet comedians here at AR also. I thought it might be fun to see people post some pictures of your cooks, then let everyone go to town with their funny or sarcastic comments. Hell, even post something bad you did that didn’t turn out well. Regular cooks or your best stuff. No pictures you post are off limits. Or any topic really, maybe post pics of some old grills or cookers so we can make fun of it or them. (This is not intended nor trying to take away from SUWYC)

Here is a really nice blackened ribeye I cooked tonight.
    My Grandma always said a little charcoal in your meal helps whiten your teeth.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I heared dat too, Brother, growin up lol

Originally posted by Panhead John View Post
    HawkerXP gave me an idea. I’ve always wanted to sometimes make fun or post sarcastic comments about some of the cooks we’ve posted. In a teasing manner. Most everyone here are damn good cooks, except for me. I know we have a lot of closet comedians here at AR also. I thought it might be fun to see people post some pictures of your cooks, then let everyone go to town with their funny or sarcastic comments. Hell, even post something bad you did that didn’t turn out well. Regular cooks or your best stuff. No pictures you post are off limits. Or any topic really, maybe post pics of some old grills or cookers so we can make fun of it or them. (This is not intended nor trying to take away from SUWYC)

Here is a really nice blackened ribeye I cooked tonight.
    Need that ketchup for that steak?

Comment

I was brainstorming the other night about what to cook.🧐 I wanted to make something that would really impress everyone! Enjoy!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Panhead John; October 20, 2020, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        I see you brought out your best Corelle to display your cremation.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        I cannot believe some of y’all’s biting and sarcastic comments about some of my best work. It’s obvious to me y’all are just jealous, not being culinary masters, such as myself.
        Last edited by Panhead John; December 6, 2020, 11:07 AM.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        So, lemme git this straight: Ya starts this here thread, an then posts up pics like that, showin folks ya ain't even gots enough walkin around money to buy yerself a pack o respectable paper plates??? :

Looks like the SUWYC so we can make fun of it thread has become show us what you’re cooking 2020

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope this becomes the new Show And Tell or SUWYC......that way we can say whatever the hell we want to about the cooks! 🤣

More evidence that Loki, god of mischief has infiltrated the server

Comment

Jambalaya

Name:	jambalaya2.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	951496

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes ma’am. He graduated with honors.

• Foehn Watts
          Foehn Watts commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, you know, I am *told* dog barf is delicious.

• MsTwiggy
          MsTwiggy commented
          Editing a comment
          Will you be serving that in a trough?

At 5:45pm there was no plan for dinner, and everything that could be "dinner" was in the freezer. At 6:30 this culinary masterpiece hit the table, and the dinner bell was sounded. Click image for larger version

Name:	16079936579471715731050597186042.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	956242
        Chicken thighs, some sort of sauce/gravy stuff, most of a bag of frozen veggies, and my specialty, mushy rice.

Comment

• Clark
          Clark commented
          Editing a comment
          I bet you had lots of leftovers.

• Fire Chicken
          Fire Chicken commented
          Editing a comment
          Kinda looks like a chicken that exploded.lol! Probably good eatin' tho

• tamidw
          tamidw commented
          Editing a comment
          Good thing you put it in a disposable container so it can easily be tossed once tasted! 🤣🤣🤣

But in all seriousness, looks like things I have made at last minute too!

I have gone hard all week for holiday cooks (first time in 6 years). So I took a break. For service, I choose from the PJ Collection. Thank you Panhead John for the inspiration. In my defense, I did use organic crescent rolls. And the hot dogs are the last bit from my old job. And of course, plochmans mustard. Not shown: potato chips and French onion soup dip made from leftover onions from Christmas Eve.

Name:	71B2D874-BD49-4363-8AEC-31CCF39EAC2C.jpeg
Views:	497
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	964109

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Foehn Watts Dean’s Brand French Onion Dip and skinny pretzel sticks were de rigueur growing up.

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          So those are rolls huh & that purple thing in one of em is a hot dog? Hmmmm. So, who’s eatin this & what was the verdict?

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          FireMan hot rolled in crescent roll dough from a tube. Dip in mustard. Enjoy. It is a very nostalgic thing for me. And I was lazy as all get out!

What do you get when a woodworker with hygiene issues makes dinner?
        Yeast infected finger tips.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here