Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I smoked up some Ribs today. The KBQ ripped out the best ribs to date.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	183
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	219775 Click image for larger version

Views:	190
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	219776 Click image for larger version

Views:	154
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	219777

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Those photos are pretty amazing.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Boss! David Parrish The ribs were even better my friend.

Back to basics... Reverse seared tri tip with the SnS and a little hickory.

Name:	20160911_082125.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	302.1 KB
ID:	219864

Name:	20160911_082207.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	321.4 KB
ID:	219867

Name:	20160911_082236.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	320.7 KB
ID:	219866

Name:	20160911_082312.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	297.3 KB
ID:	219865

Comment

Finally I have found baby backs ribs in Switzerland !
      I've found them in a Portuguese shop
      it's on the way with Cheater basic dry rub then I will mop with KSC (recipe from Amazingribs)

Views:	160
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	219891
      Attached Files

Comment

• iPa64
        iPa64 commented
        Editing a comment
        And the result was like I was waiting for!
        Tank you Amazingribs and to all one in the pit for your advices!

• iPa64
        iPa64 commented
        Editing a comment
        Smoked with mesquite and pecan

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great man!!

Smoky Bourbon Chicken from Cook's Country Aug/Sep 2014

This was a success even though it was a first try of this recipe. Wife picked the recipe and halved a large chicken. I cooked it on my WSCGC with top vents 3/4 open, and bottom vents on "indirect", and temp stayed pretty constant at 375-400. Time on the grill was 75 minutes; basting about every 15-20 minutes. Used a full Weber chimney of K Blue but could have used about 3/4. All cooking was indirect with skinside UP, but I did rotate the chicken about halfway through and adjusted location on the grill to make sure "cooler" parts reached desired temps.

The recipe called for slashing the chicken and marinating for at least an hour. The basting sauce was divided between marinade and the basting. The sauce was bourbon (we used Evan Wms black label which is 86 proof), soy sauce (we used low sodium), brown sugar, a shallot, garlic, and pepper. I used apple chips for the smoke. The skewers were helpful when rotating the chicken and when lifting it off. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3190.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	220002

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Ooh, that looks good! Apple wood is my favorite for chicken.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Yummy yum yum. I'm definitely going to look up this recipe and make it. Good idea about inserting skewers for smoking that halved bird on a grate. I've been spoiled by the hooks in the PBC and appreciate the tip for making manipulating chicken easier in my WSCGC. Thanks, Harry !

Kathryn

Views:	166
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	220058 Just some KBQ'ed jerk wings, with the new Oakridge BBQ "Jah Love" Jerk seasoning. These cooked in 17 mins at 400 F. I used all cherry. The KBQ continues to impress me. I wanted to sear them after I took them out of the KBQ but I didn't have my grate handy so I skipped it. The skin on top was perfect and the skin that was touching the grate was crispy as can be so it didn't really need it. Just a great quick cook.
      Last edited by Spinaker; September 12, 2016, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Gosh, those wings look good, Spinaker . You sure have some great BBQ toys*, and use them to advantage. Congrats.
        K.
        *I just reviewed your collection list. Impressive.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        This is the rack on brined the on. And, magically, it fits into the runners of the KBQ! So its right from the fridge to the KBQ, its so easy. Harry

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Karen! These were some of the best wings I have ever done. I do have some toys, but my arsenal is far from finished. There will be more, oh yes, there will be more! fzxdoc

Stuffed peppers on the Weber tonight. I did change it up a bit though. First, I cooked the peppers and meat naked for a while to get some smoke on them. I then added the sauce and cooked till done. In the past, I have just poured tomato sauce over the meat and peppers, but this time I made a simple marinara sauce and poured that over the dish. I thought the spaghetti would go well with this, and it did.

Name:	A07Y9144.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	220074

Name:	A07Y9147.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	220073

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Smoking the meat and peppers separately for a while was a smart move, that way you get a lot more smoke into the meat. Looks delicious, good job!

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto what Henrik said.

Looks damn fine. What kind of "meat" did you put in the peppers?

Comment

Thanx for the comments.
        Spinaker - we like beef, so it was an 80/20 ground beef with onion, garlic, and some spices mixed in. No salt in the mix, but applied after shaping.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          awesome! they looked great

Made some Parmesan cheese and butter wings last night. I licked my fingers through out the meal.

Comment

In Atlanta for 25 days with no rental car. Lunch is starting out on the low end. I am the AntiErnest.

Name:	IMG_20160913_121450.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	220619

Comment

• OneEyedJack
            OneEyedJack commented
            Editing a comment
            Make a sign and hitch-hike to food!

• Ernest
            Ernest commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL!! Uber your lunch

Meatloaf, served with mashed cauliflower with chives, and salad.

Name:	mlw.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	220624

Name:	mlp.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	220623

Comment

The recent thread on PB&J reminded me I was out of sandwich bread, so today I made a loaf of my favorite. I normally eat one slice while it's still warm - just for quality control. Tonight that slice may have PB&J on it.

Name:	A07Y9151.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	220823

Comment

So.....I've been a member of the Pit for a while now and an avid fan of Amazing ribs for a lot longer. I've gleaned information and ideas off both resources religiously. The one sacred cow I would not touch however was my resolute conviction that 3-2-1 was the holy grail of spare rib cooking. I used a combination of Myron Mixon prep and Johnny Trigg wrap for several years with consistent and very tasty results. Last weekend however I stepped out of the box and followed Meathead's "Last meal' procedure to the T. Made the rub to the recipe, followed the temp instructions faithfully and finished with a very thin sauce layer caramelized to perfection..... The result is pictured but...what about the taste? Well I am a convert ...without a doubt ....BEST RIBS EVER Never going back and thank you Meathead!
              Attached Files

Comment

• DWCowles
                DWCowles commented
                Editing a comment
                I used to wrap also but not anymore

• fuzzydaddy
                fuzzydaddy commented
                Editing a comment
                Those are some gorgeous ribs and glad the taste was great! I love last meal ribs!

The wife surprised me with a pair of nice looking filets Monday. I dry brined them then, and cooked them tonight - @ 225* on the Weber + SnS to 130*, and then on an inverted Weber chimney full of hot coals, flipping every 30 sec. I had a problem with flairups, but just moved the steaks off the fire until until it died down, then returned the steaks to the hot coals. We like them around 140* so I took them off just before reaching that temp, (they are never exactly the same, so my wife gets the highest temp steak). Sides were steamed broccoli and baked potatoes - russet and sweet. Click image for larger version

Name:	A07Y9156.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	221042

Name:	A07Y9154.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	221041

Name:	A07Y9160.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	221043

Comment

Pan fried pork belly. I saw thick sliced pork belly at Costco. I just couldn't pass up.

Comment

• troymeister
                  troymeister commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks real nice! What kind of sauce?

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here