Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 9 - Cold Weather Smoking and Grilling - January 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 9 - Cold Weather Smoking and Grilling - January 2021

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_133923.jpg Views:	1098 Size:	13.4 KB ID:	967489

TOPIC: Cold Weather Grilling and Smoking
    THURSDAY, JANUARY 7: Zoom Happy Hour

On Thursday Jan. 7, 2021 we welcomed the New Year with special guest Kevin Kolman Head Grillmaster of Weber Grills. He joined Max Good, Clint Cantwell, Spinaker, and Meathead to discuss Cold Weather Grilling and Smoking and whatever.

PITMASTER CLUB HAPPY HOURS ARE THE FIRST THURSDAY OF EVERY OTHER MONTH (Beginning January) at 7:30 P.M. CENTRAL HERE https://tinyurl.com/pitmasterclub

Enjoy the recording, below.

There is also an article on the subject here
    https://amazingribs.com/more-techniq...e-cold-weather

Last edited by Meathead; January 8, 2021, 12:08 PM.

Same Zoom link?

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. The permalink is in the other topics here in this channel and in the HOT From The Pit newsletters.

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Huskee. Looking forward to these. See you next Thursday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0B075923-BD1F-49D8-83A2-8D58262F4C18.jpeg
Views:	889
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	967527

Comment

Looking forward to it!

Comment

Ya, when it's in the low 50's here I think twice about grilln'

Comment

So when I do long charcoal smokes in the winter I get a much better end product.

The air is much colder and drier, so I think a hotter/cleaner fire is providing better smoke.

Of course you go through fuel faster but recipes all work out for exactly the same time since the cooker temp is the same inside.

discuss. :-)
          Last edited by Polarbear777; January 4, 2021, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Rats, something I would have liked to sit in on living up here in the great white north.

Comment

You have something better to do? Just kidding. I believe it is taped (oops dated myself) so you can watch at your covienence.

Comment

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                So I can watch later.
                A question I forgot to ask can I view this at a later time and how do I do that.
                Don't get home from work until 21:00.
                Four more days and I toss the keys on the counter for the last time....retired.

Sounds like a topic I can get behind.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm in! You have a Zoom URL Huskee Spinaker ?
                Attached Files

Comment

• bbqLuv
                  bbqLuv commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That one kettle looks like a snow cone. It just needs a little syrup!

The Zoom link has been added above. Also if you review any of the posts in this main channel here, the link is everywhere. The link is also in the last several Hot From The Pit newsletters. And usually within the week after the live event Meathead will post the recorded show right here so you can watch the recorded version.

Comment

Looking forward to this one since I live in Minnesota. Our winter is pretty mild so far but...just you wait!

Comment

7:30 CST is 5:30 PST. Just a reminder to myself. It is the season for cold weather BBQ'n.

Comment

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And 8:30 ET [insert yawn here]

• Joetee
                      Joetee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I can't stay up til 11:30 at night so I'll have to watch it later.

I just noticed that the topic for March is Bourbon/Whiskey. This is right in my wheelhouse. I look forward to seeing what the Admins have in mind for that discussion.

Comment

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think I am onboard to be a panelist for that one, not that I am an expert by any means but I do like to talk about it...and we're trying to get someone from a big distillery to join us as well. TBA...

• luvthemstillers
                      luvthemstillers commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Huskee If you need any other panelists, I have a few leads, including a fairly well-known Whiskey writer that I think I could convince to join the discussion if he's available. Bonus points: he's a fairly avid live-fire cook.

We are live! Come join us!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here