Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 11 - How To Buy A Grill And Smoker, with Max Good - May 6, 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 11 - How To Buy A Grill And Smoker, with Max Good - May 6, 2021

This month Max Good, the world's only full time grill and smoker tester, Clint Cantwell, teh AmazingRibs.com VP of Whatever, and Meathead discussed what to look for when shopping for a grill or smoker, and trends.

Last edited by Meathead; May 7, 2021, 09:29 AM.

PLEASE NOTE: If you have previously saved the Happy Hour info in your calendar, be sure to replace the URL with the one below as it has changed since the last Happy Hour.

Use the following URL to join the happy hour: https://tinyurl.com/pmc-happyhour
    Last edited by Clint Cantwell; August 3, 2020, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Missed the happy hour last night. I'm sure this has been discussed before, but did you record it, so we can watch now? Thanks

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry I missed this- just click the main channel that this post is in, and you'll see the first 4 episodes.

• Smoking77
        Smoking77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Huskee!

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        Recording is above

One month new member.
      Caught the Zoom Happy Hour last night and was extremely impressed. My first one and was riveted for the entire two hours. I learned a few tricks for my On the Grill Pizza that make a lot of sense. I thank you and the others on the "show" and look forward to the next one on fish. I am sure one topic will be smoking them. I use a 2 burner gas grill but can adapt easily. Thanks
      coustyj
      Jim C

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        We'll have some great experts on fish & seafood, including our own Pitmaster Club member theroc!

Hi guys trying to find the zoom pizza forum. I watched and listened along with learning for the two hours Thank you all.
      But I digress -- I have made two fantastic pizzas since listening to the Pizza Zoom.I tried and succeeded with a few tips I learned.
      1. Even tough I roast my ingredients I did what was suggested and put the cheese on after sauce with all extras on top (bacon, Italian sausage, roasted garlic, sauteed onions, mushrooms, Greek olives, I also use 4 kinds of cheese
      2. I put bricks under my stone to raise it 1.5" And the out come both times was great the crust was NOT burned but crispy and the toppings were done to perfection.
      Unfortunately I ate it before picture sorry
      I DO thank you all for the great production with excellent tips and information and I look forward to the next one on Fish
      Jim C
      Last edited by coustyj; August 18, 2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

coustyj Hi Jim, if you want to find the actual Pizza Happy Hour's topic to ask a question in, simply go to the main Happy Hour channel that this topic here is in. this pic will show you what we call the "breadcrumb" trail, the red circle. Anyway, click what's in the circle toward the top of this page to go the main channel here and you'll see the different episodes in it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy Hour breadcrumb.JPG
Views:	1018
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	898390

Comment

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Moving forward, we will be holding Zoom happy hours every other month instead of one each month.

By doing so we will be able to focus on the topics of most interest to you featuring some of the biggest names in BBQ!

As such, our next Happy Hour for members only will be on THURSDAY, March 4, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. Central / 8:30 p.m. Eastern, with a focus on the topic of all things Charcoal!

Comment

I think there are two things you could feature

1. Thermostatic controllers for charcoal. Principles, set up, how long various cookers can run. Types and models most used and demonstrated.

2. for each food topic happy hour I think the panel should be in process of cooking the topic food _during_ the happy hour. They could coordinate and start at different times if it is a long cooking item.

3. alternatively if it is about a style or method be employing that method during the happy hour. That way members can see/tease/etc.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              2 & 3 pose huge problems for something live via webcam.

Don't forget, in one week, next Thursday May 6, 7:30 p.m. CT, we'll have our next LIVE Happy Hour, "A Buyer's Guide To Smokers & Grills" featuring our own Max Good answering all of your questions!

You do not need a webcam or mic to observe or to ask Max questions, this will be done through chat. You don't even need pants!

Click here on time to attend live: https://tinyurl.com/pmc-happyhour

Comment

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              Huskee Really telling this crowd, no pants required!?! What the heck are you thinking?

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              ofelles Lol, well with no webcam it's a 'don't ask don't tell' kinda thing

Good show. I only wish you could have brought up your thoughts on LoneStar grill.

Comment

That was great. I Really enjoyed the three of you throwing around your knowledge and Max's expertese of grills and smokers. You all really worked good together. It was very natural and I enjoyed it. Thanks Max, Clint and Meathead!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here