Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 3 - Ribs! with Ray "Dr. BBQ" Lampe - July 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 3 - Ribs! with Ray "Dr. BBQ" Lampe - July 2020

JULY 2020: Happy Hour On Ribs With Ray "Dr. Barbecue" Lampe

Last edited by Meathead; August 3, 2020, 12:58 PM.

Just a quick update to let everyone know that we will be joined by a very special guest for next week's Zoom event on all things "ribs" -- Ray Lampe, a.k.a. Dr. BBQ!

Here's a bit more on Dr. BBQ:

ABOUT DR. BBQ
    Barbeque has been Ray Lampe’s first love since entering his first rib contest in 1982. Before he quit the family trucking business after 25 years to become a full-time pit-master, the Chicago native had spent 15 years testing different barbequing styles, participating in cookout competitions, and shifting his growing interest in barbeque from a serious hobby into a full-time career.

Only then did he buy a van in which to haul his smokers, and on which to show off a license plate with "DR BBQ," the moniker by which he would gain recognition as one of the world’s prime professional pit-masters. He's got top celebrities and chefs on speed-dial, and he has written the book on the New American Barbeque—nine of them, to be exact.

Inducted into the BBQ Hall of Fame in 2014, Lampe is routinely seen as a judge on shows like Travel Channel’s American Grilled, FYI Network’s World Food Championships, and the Food Network’s Chopped and Tailgate Warriors with Guy Fieri. He also hosts a cooking segment on Fox Sports Network's "Fishing the Flats," as well as a monthly "Ask Dr. BBQ" Q&A segment on the BBQ Central Radio Show. He gives online barbecuing tutorials to boot.

He can currently be seen as a judge on Firemasters which is airing on Food Network Canada, the Cooking Channel here and on Blaze TV in the UK.

In 2017 he also embarked on a new endeavor: as a restaurateur. With partners Suzanne and Roger Perry, owners of the Datz, Dough and Roux restaurants in Tampa, Lampe brought a new breed of vibrant, dynamic, even progressive, smoke-basted meat to Dr. BBQ in St. Petersburg's hip Edge District.

Bringing “new American barbeque" to the Tampa Bay area, the new full-service restaurant features interesting BBQ variations fashioned around Ray’s travels across the country and the many different styles of barbeque he tasted along the way, blended with local St. Pete tastes. The restaurant has a rustic industrial ambiance to complement the cuisine. It features a remarkable selection of bourbon curated by an award winning mixologist along with a creative cocktail program and local beers for patrons wanting spirits along with main event.

Today he also serves as spokesperson for the National Turkey Federation (#turkeysmoke) and Dizzy Pig seasonings. He can also be found doing amazing new cooking videos on social media, is available for custom "shoutouts" on Cameo.com, ad is working on a cooking segment for an outdoors show for this fall.

Last edited by Clint Cantwell; June 26, 2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Man. I got a seriously full schedule that day going into the Fourth of July and such. but hopefully it’ll be winding down by than so I can hang for a while.
      Should be a great night.

Comment

Looking forward to it, the last one on Barrel Cooking was awesome!

Comment

Gonna bump this post up to hopefully get some more interest and hopefully more interaction. 👍👍

Comment

I'll be there.

Comment

Why doesn't July 1st get any love? Who's going to help me with my wibs for July 1st? :-( I'm going to try to make this one!

Comment

Tonight's the night folks - 7:30pm CT / 8:30pm ET!

Click here to join: https://zoom.us/j/91674353487

Comment

We'll be starting in about 20 minutes so be sure to join us!

Comment

This was Great Fun, an Many Thanks, AR Crew!!!!
                    Thanks so much fer tryin to decypher summa my speech, an such, an answer; Much Appreciated, Brothers!

Reckon th Holiday weekend seemed to have th attendance lower than previous, so in response to yall's askin fer questions, I pitched a few out there...

See yall, next round, have a safe an happy Independence Day weekend, an keep well, Everbody!!!

Sláinte!
                    Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 2, 2020, 09:43 PM. Reason: :

Comment

• mnavarre
                      mnavarre commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agreed, 'twas fun and informative. And watching Meathead trying to decipher Bones-speak was most amusing.

Oh man - I can't believe I missed this. I hope a video is available somewhere?

Comment

• Meathead
                      Meathead commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just found the video and posted it above

Great time! loved the back stories and all the info. Thanks

Comment

Wish I could have made it, but July 2nd is my wedding anniversary. Good luck with this going forward, though.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Happy Anniversary, an countless more to yall, Brother....
                        02JULxxxx is my Annual Commemoration date, each year, of my Ma's birth, in 1933...

Her bein my #1 influence in this life, especial when it comes to havin a learnin, an Love of th Culinary Arts, always makes it a Big Deal, to me, as well...

After some careful thought an consideration, found a way I hope Mama's still proud of me to commemorate that, this year...more to follow.

I does indeed wonder, has these been archived, somewhere on this site?
                      Mayhaps my navigational skillz is lackin, but I ain't found th place, yet...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Huskee, Many Thankees, on accounta it seems like I was recollectin that they was bein Archived, an I totally git it takes some time to git em compressed, etc., an posted up fer posterity. Many thanks to both yerself an Meathead fer alla th Heavy Liftin yall do, mostly behind th scenes.
                        Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 3, 2020, 12:01 PM.

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ofelles Brother, I have no clear idea of what yer speakin lol!
                        I mean, really?
                        ¿Moi?

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Huskee has July been formatted / made available yet?
                        Jus checkin, ain't nudgin too much lol

Really enjoyed watching this conversation. And kudos to Clint for doing his best to keep the discussion on topic. From my angle, it was nice to hear a focus on backyard bbq instead of the "competition" tips and tricks angle.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Agreed, an well said, Brother!
                        Not so much interested in how "they" do it, on th Comp Circuit.

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Agreed. We all do backyard BBQ, very few of us do competition.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here