Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 12 - Virtual Single Barrel Bourbon Tasting w/ a Master Distiller - July 1, 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 12 - Virtual Single Barrel Bourbon Tasting w/ a Master Distiller - July 1, 2021

Did you miss out on our live virtual single-barrel bourbon tasting event? Don't worry because we recorded the session and you can find it below or at https://youtu.be/WhapXVKyhgU!

Join Huskee, Meathead, Doug Stone (a.k.a. WhiskyLover) of ForWhiskeyLovers.com, and Smuggler's Notch Distillery master distiller Jeremy Elliott as they walk you through four unique single barrel bourbons.

You can also still order a tasting kit by clicking here, allowing you to taste along with the recorded Pitmaster Club exclusive Zoom Happy Hour event. The kit features four 50mL single barrel Smuggler's Notch bourbons and a complimentary vodka sample, priced at $29.95 plus approximately $25 for shipping the liquor safely and promptly via FedEx.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	smugglers notch.JPG Views:	0 Size:	109.6 KB ID:	1043534

I think I can skip judo that day. (Laughingly assumes he’ll be home. LOL)

Comment

This is intriguing, but I went to the site to buy the kit, and you can’t checkout without spending at least $49.95. I don’t need 2 of the kits, and everything else on that site is crazy expensive. I almost bet it wouldn’t ship to Alabama anyway.

Comment

• luvthemstillers
        luvthemstillers commented
        Editing a comment
        Same happened for me. They required a $49.95 minimum purchase. That plus shipping and taxes woukd bring my bill to just a shade under $100

• WhiskyLover
        WhiskyLover commented
        Editing a comment
        My apologies - We have fixed the order minimum issue. You should have no problem checking out now, and YES, we will ship to Alabama. Just don't tell your mailman whats in the box!

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, but at this point I need to opt out. Shipping is more than what is being shipped, and I'm on a budget for "me" expenses until I get a stack of medical bills paid off.

I have done guided whiskey tasting before and it is hella fun. I'm planning to be at the vacation home then fort my friend's birthday the next day. The plan is to buy the sampler and take it to VA with me and join the fun down there.

Comment

We'll look into the trouble you're mentioning here Dewesq55 jfmorris ...

Comment

This is one I will not miss, not that I’m any great bourbon guy, it’s just a great subject.
          Have to see if Smugglers Notch products are listed at the LCBO up here
          Just got back from a run for the wife and didn’t see this.

Comment

Dewesq55 and jfmorris That's of course an error, but the site should be fixed to eliminate that issue sometime tomorrow (Sunday). We'll confirm when it's fixed. Thanks for letting us know. Cheers!

Comment

• Dewesq55
              Dewesq55 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, Huskee

• WhiskyLover
              WhiskyLover commented
              Editing a comment
              My apologies - We have fixed the order minimum issue. You should have no problem checking out now

Sadly i cant join form the UK. Excluding import tax (which i wont know till it arrives) its already $116 with shipping

Comment

FYI, the issue with a minimum order requirement has been sorted out so be sure to get your orders in before the deadline! Do note that there is a shipping cost of approximately $25 which unfortunately is just the byproduct of having to safely ship the bottles in a timely fashion.

Comment

• Dewesq55
                Dewesq55 commented
                Editing a comment
                My shipping cost to NEPA was over $30. It did ship FedEx 2 Day, though.

• Dewesq55
                Dewesq55 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry, I just doubled checked and I was only charged the $25 flat rate. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Originally posted by Clint Cantwell View Post
              FUI, as noted above the issue with a minimum order requirement has been sorted out so be sure to get your orders in before the deadline!
              No i mean the shipping cost to the UK is crazy hi but thank you for the reply sir

Comment

As much as I would love to participate in this, Utah is one of the 'no mail order alcohol' states. I wish you all the best.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think MI is too, I used to be able to order from several online stores but no more. I will find out about this one next week....

• WhiskyLover
                  WhiskyLover commented
                  Editing a comment
                  All - we can DISCREETLY ship the sample boxes to EVERY state, including MI & UT…Just please do not tell your mailman what’s in the box when it arrives!

Please know we can ship the sample kits to every state discreetly. Unfortunately, the cost of shipping them is something we cannot control. But we have implemented a flat rate $25 per shipment cost.

Comment

I’m in, ordered yesterday. Not happy with the $25 shipping but I guess it is what it is to get it to me safely. Should be fun..

Comment

I was excited about this, but I have to say, seeing that shipping is almost the same price as the product is a little disheartening. I know it is what it is, but sheesh!

Comment

Thanks for the invitation and members only offer! Cool idea. Hope you all have fun!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here