Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember the Galloping Gourmet? Well JT Does!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember the Galloping Gourmet? Well JT Does!

Graham Kerr, The Galloping Gourmet

As a self-described "Hedonist in a hurry" Graham Kerr, The Galloping Gourmet has never slowed down. After a childhood in London around some of the most famous chefs in Europe, Graham became a hotel manager at the age of 15. At 24 Kerr was the British Army catering advisor to the Royal New Zealand Air Force. By the age of 25 Kerr was hosting his own television show, Entertaining with Kerr in New Zealand.

From New Zealand he moved to Australia for more television down under then on to North America where The Galloping Gourmet became the name of his latest TV show. That name has been with Kerr for almost 50 years.
    Over the years Kerr wrote over 35 books and his show The Galloping Gourmet is still in syndication in many parts of the world. Kerr and Julia Child had many a fun and sometimes contentious discussion about who had the first syndicated TV show.

Dang where has he been !!! I used to love the Galloping Gourmet on PBS. His cooking shows back in the 80's were an inspiration. He and Julia Child were the only TV cooking shows on the air at that time. I used to love the way he would describe cooking with butter and other fats was like "velvet curtains within your mouth". He went from all butter and cream to being all health food.

Thanks for posting this MH, it really brings back memories.

Comment

I fondly remember his shows. Very entertaining.

Comment

Used watch him lots, very enjoyable!

Comment

Loved watching him when I was home from school. Never forget when he was cooking he’d drink red wine. "A little for the roast and a little for me". I remember saying to myself, "he’s getting drunk". Oh, good times.

Comment

He was a staple up here in Canada, the shows were taped at a CTV affiliate in Ottawa.
            He's both a ham and a successful chef at the same time.
            The looks on his face when he poured the glass of wine then looked into the camera while tasting his creations....to die for....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here