Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PitCast Episode 191- "A Visit with Chris Becker of Cookin Pellets - How Pellets Are Made" - January 9, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PitCast Episode 191- "A Visit with Chris Becker of Cookin Pellets - How Pellets Are Made" - January 9, 2020

I was finally able to chase down Chris Becker from Cookin Pellets.com and chat about his business. We talk about some products that are food related, but of course, we also hit how pellets are made and some other great info as well. This will be especially interesting to you folks who own a pellet cooker. I think 2020 will be THEE year the pellet cooker hits the overall mainstream! Do you agree??

Thank you once again Greg BBQCentralShow for another great interview! Is 2020 THEE year for the pellet cooker? I would have to say from my 68" view it is looking better than prior years. I know of 3 people who received pellet cookers for Christmas and they have no prior grilling/smoking experience. Well, that's not entirely true...2 of them will partake in the occasional cigar. I am also seeing more and more pellet models on the showroom floors around town and I'm sure once the Weber version hits the market, we will see an uptick in pellet popularity.

Thanks again Greg and I hope all is well!

Comment

Another great podcast, I do think that pellet grills will increase in popularity, but my guess is they won't be as popular as other grills for anbother 5 or so years. Assuming a design and cost war doesn't ensue after Weber's offerings start hitting the home front, the one thing like Chris said is the shipping costs. Until QUALITY pellet prices drop even further the popularity won't skyrocket.

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
        BBQCentralShow commented
        Editing a comment
        My hope is that more places around "us" will start to stock good pellets. That will be driven by demand of course...so shipping will not be as much of an issue since we could then buy locally! :-)

Love me some pellets.

Comment

Cookin' Pellets are outstanding and I recommend them to everyone who asks me what pellets they should use. I'm going to listen to this tonight. Thanks!

Comment

I greatly respect the fact that he didn't directly knock the competition and that they also test equipment!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here