Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PitCast Episode 171- "KCBS Hires New CEO - Emily Detwiler " - August 15, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PitCast Episode 171- "KCBS Hires New CEO - Emily Detwiler " - August 15, 2019

Perhaps the days of the KCBS floating in mediocrity (or worse) are now behind them. Emily Detwiler, formerly of Smithfield fresh pork, has just accepted the new CEO role for the oldest BBQ club in the country...and the biggest sanctioning body as it relates to contests. Over the last handful of years KCBS has trended down...both in contests and in the growth of their membership. Installing Emily shows the true desire of KCBS to once again lead from the front...will it work??? Only time will tell, but with her qualifications, there are probably few more qualified to take this bull by the briskets (both sides) and produce a winning turn in!! ENJOY!!

Thanks for the interview Greg...

I wish she would have flipped how she spent her time...

Instead of the 20 minutes of "look at me" and credentials and only 5 minutes of KCBS business...… I really wish she would have spent 5 minutes on herself and 20 minutes on KCBS....

maybe after she gets some time in she will be able to come back and better explain a vision for KCBS.

Comment

I agree it should have been about what she is bringing to the KCBS. Not a good start.

Comment

Thank you Greg BBQCentralShow for another great interview!

I am going to be the contrarian and say I am glad she gave us her background. Before this interview I had no idea of who she was or her background. It is nice to see people give their background when coming into a high ranking position, instead of giving us a student council election speech about how they are going to perform the unobtainable. With that being said, I would like to see a follow-up interview down the road with an update on her vision of what will be accomplished going forward with improving KCBS.

Thanks again, Greg!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here