Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy Listen Instructions and Link For Your Phone

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Listen Instructions and Link For Your Phone

1. Open the browser on your phone (whatever platform you own)

2. Go to www.amazingribs.com and Log in to The Pitmasters Club. Then, save your information so you don't have to re-login each time

3. Click on the "TinyURL" below

4. SAVE the URL for future use.

Once this is done, you can just visit the URL whenever you want to check for updates and to listen to the PitCast at your convenience. I understand that this is not as convenient as an itunes or Google Music feed...but it's pretty close!

SAVE THIS URL:

http://tinyurl.com/pitcasts

Also, if you want to fast forward or replay something, use your arrow keys.

Thanks. This is very useful.

Comment

I can't seem to fast forward (or go backward) when listening on my phone. I'm using Android.
      Sometimes my data will cut out and the audio completely stops. Then my only option is to restart from the beginning.

On my computer I have no problems clicking to skip forward/back.

Comment

Is there any way to download it so I can listen while on a plane with no internet access?

Comment

Any interest in setting up an iTunes feed for it? If it's on Soundcloud already, should be pretty easy. I could help if you like, in exchange for being able to get it on my Podcasts app on iPhone.

Comment

• mhalbrook
            mhalbrook commented
            Editing a comment
            The hang up with doing that is that it's a member benefit, not a public PodCast. Not sure if there's an easy way to pull it off and keep it members only.

Even I approve of this. Thanks.

Comment

I get that the show is ment to be for members only but it's tough to find time to listen with an internet connection. Have Greg do his Hulk Hogan impression to promote The Pit. Work Amazing Ribs into the beginning and end. I know it's ment to be exclusive content but it's more inconvenient content. Let the poor fools to cheap to join The Pit hear. Merge the two shows. Ask for a dollar at the end. It just sucks because I listen to BBQ Central for free, and pay for The Pit; but can't listen to the pitcast at my convenience.

Comment

Michael Brinton In the end, that would not be my call. Remember, The BBQ Central show is free because the idea and concept of the show (originally) is different than what is being done here. I WANT as many people to have access to my show as possible...both for my download numbers (and as time wore on, for my sponsors too)...this is a different and unique concept that Meathead is doing here. ..we will continue to try and make it as easy as possible to consume, so be patient while we grow and figure this model out. :-)

Comment

• Michael Brinton
                Michael Brinton commented
                Editing a comment
                I gotcha, it is great you're branching out here. I'll be listening.

I think it is possible to host an RSS feed for the podcasts in the password-protected part of the site. You can't list these in the iTunes Store, but you could give people the address for the feed and they can manually use it in whatever podcast app they like, which would then prompt them for their username and password to subscribe to the podcast and download it. Apparently, a number of paid podcasts do this, but I haven't ever subscribed to one to find out...

Comment

I'm seeing BBQ Central on Podcasts and PodCruncher, with a bunch of two hour episodes. It looks like the same logo as these 30 minute episodes, and I'm reading this thread about these NOT being available as podcasts. What's the difference, what's up? Thanks!

Comment

• martybartram
                  martybartram commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The same guy does both, they are different programs. Download the BBQ Central Podcast it is good, a little too much basketball buzzers etc but the verbal content is good. Great interviews, good insights into the industry.

• BBQCentralShow
                  BBQCentralShow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  martybartram, I believe the airhorn is NOT used enough!! :-)

• martybartram
                  martybartram commented
                  Editing a comment
                  BBQCentralShow I am sure you do!

Please listen to the PitCast this week and get some insight as to why thew show is being disseminated the way it is...it might answer some questions!

Comment

A few weeks ago I listened to a show using Sound cloud, which was great because I could pause, rewind, fast forward, but now it doesn't work when I click the link. Any ideas how to get that back? I love the show, btw. It's a good mix.

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
                    BBQCentralShow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There haven't been any changes to the player. I know if you hit pause the first time, you will need to click on the small "x" at the top right of the player...that gets you back to the player where you left off.

• Meathead
                    Meathead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Use the arrow keys on a desktop to rew & ff

Here's the issue: The Pitmaster Club is our biggest and most important revenue stream. Without it we go out of business. Seriously. We are constantly looking for benefits to add for members in the hopes that people will join, and renew. If we make the PitCast free to the public, we take away a member benefit, and it competes with Greg's other show. If there was a way to make it portable without an internet connection but keep it for members only, I'm willing. Any ideas?

Comment

• adamjs83
                    adamjs83 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There are ways to do this. Some podcasts you have to subscribe to through itunes and you need to enter a user/pass to download. Others give members a personal link to access the feed tied to their membership. Maybe when your new developer has the CMS and the vBulletin updated its something he can look at. Would be great to be able to download the episodes and listen in the car or on the subway.

Yeah the desktop is fine. I was just wondering why it won't play on SoundCloud for me anymore. I fully understand and support why it's not a public cast. Keep it that way. I'll find a way to listen regardless. My only real complaint is that it's a once a week show and not a once a day show. Work on that!

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
                    BBQCentralShow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Meathead can't afford me on a daily basis...but I would be totally open for it!! :-)

C'mon Meathead, spend some of that book money!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here