Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PitCast Episode 181- "Clark Crew BBQ" Jack Daniel's Recap Interview, And The Guy Suing Popeye's - October 31, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PitCast Episode 181- "Clark Crew BBQ" Jack Daniel's Recap Interview, And The Guy Suing Popeye's - October 31, 2019

Yes, you read that right. I was able to chase down the guy who is REALLY suing Popeye's for running out of chicken sandwiches over the summer because that case is heading to trial! To say it is eccentric and bizarre and...weird, might be an understatement. I think you will enjoy it. Before that interview, I caught with with Travis Clark from Clark Crew BBQ and we talked about winning the Jack Daniel's BBQ Competition last weekend and we also chat about his new rubs and sauces! ENJOY!

Awesome show as always!!!!!!
    #nowthatsmokin

Comment

Don’t follow competition, so knew nothin about Travis Clark. Sounds like a fascinating fellow & his restaurant sounds unbelievable. Now about My Cousin Vinny & the Popeye chicken sandwich caper, whew! Never thought I would here the words conspiracy & courage used in a discussion of a sandwich.
      Good work Greg.

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
        BBQCentralShow commented
        Editing a comment
        You just never know what's going to happen...I edited out the part where he started talking about the earth's speed of rotation and so forth...it was kind of mind boggling...kind of.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        It's called not enough real things happening in this person's life for him to focus on. Albeit he does sound like a busy fella. Oh well, to each their own.

I appreciate Travis' candor at ~15:40 in saying he 'could eat 2lbs of his restaurant brisket but he doesn't want more than 3 bites of his competition brisket'. I think that line needs quoted on our site to illustrate the non-need to try cooking competition style at home, and to show newbies the vast difference from home BBQ to comp BBQ. To me it just reinforces why I've decided I don't want to be involved in comps. It's just not real food!

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point. I'm going to stick to the small Backyard comp in my town during the BBQ, Blues & Bikes festival on Memorial Day weekend every year. It's a good time, and 5 minutes from my house, but I'm not going to any more trouble than that.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve R. I'd like to see an entity along the lines of a Zagat's or Michelin Star ratings for BBQ joints. Brisket on a plate for real humans. I respect comp cooks, don't get me wrong, but to me those winnings mean very little. How good are you at giving me a rack of ribs or plate of brisket for lunch that I'm paying for? That's what I'd like to see a competition in. Something meaningful. Right now all we have on that front is word of mouth, TripAdvisor and Yelp.

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        100% agree with you on that. + I would want to buy an expensive brisket and trim most of it ending u in the trash can.. I cook for familly and friends

Loved the first interview.... great stuff!

The second interview..... well all I could think was:

Click image for larger version

Name:	at no point.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	769370

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Ooomph..agreed, unfortunately to admit

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here