Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PitCast Episode 134 - The "Dave Bouska - Butcher BBQ" Interview (Part 2) - November 29, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PitCast Episode 134 - The "Dave Bouska - Butcher BBQ" Interview (Part 2) - November 29, 2018

Last week we learned about David's background and how he got into meat cutting...in lieu of studying bugs in college!! Nevertheless, this week Dave spills on when he got into competition BBQ and, perhaps more importantly, gives up ALL the goods on cooking a bunch of different meat...these are tips you can try right away!

NEXT WEEK: We will start a 3 part series of "The State of the Pit Club with Meathead. We will then have 2 follow up episodes where Meathead answers your questions that you posted!

ENJOY!

Thanks for the two interviews with Dave Bouska!!! I've used a couple of Butcher BBQ's products and it was interesting to learn the stories behind their origin. Really fascinating to hear about some of the changes in competition and meat quality in the last decade or so.

The tip about wrapping the brisket makes some sense to me --- wrap before the liquid evaporation starts at the traditional stall temperature of 160-165. I think this is something to try during the next brisket cook.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here