Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PitCast Episode 128 - The "Fire Art" (Josh Dieckmann) Interview - October 11, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PitCast Episode 128 - The "Fire Art" (Josh Dieckmann) Interview - October 11, 2018

Fire Art , better known as Josh Dieckmann (I mis-pronounce it in the open...sorry Josh!!) takes his turn on the hot seat this week. Josh suffers from MCS like many of us! He talks about his background, food experience, fave things to cook and much more! ENJOY!!

Well it took you a little while to get "Fired" up, but that was a really good interview Josh. I've been in real estate development and construction for over 40 years and I gotta agree, the state of the trades is truly diminishing. Part of it, at least in my opinion, is the lack of commitment and opportunity in school. It seems shop courses in a lot of high schools has all but disappeared. And like you mentioned, young people today seem to want instant success and aren't as willing to commit to apprentice programs like they were decades ago.

Any way I digress, again good interview and good to see the cooking "Fire" ignited within you, smoke on brother !!! Thanks again Greg for bringing us this.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      In addition to my FD career, I've had my contractor's license for many years. When I retired from the FD I put my shingle out and was soon busier than I could keep up with. I unfortunately acquired some arthritic hands and either had to get some help or quit. In 2 years I could not find a single person that wanted do this kind of work so I hung up my tool bags (except for home projects)

Josh, I enjoyed your interview. You stumped Mr. Rempe on the burnt end pork butts! Bravo! He a pretty smart feller!

Comment

"Ate out of necessity" Now that's the comment of the day!!

Comment

Great one, Gents! Fire Art I don't know if you've seen this one, but it's loaded with ways to use that Akorn. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Really good job guys. I spent 5 or 6 months in Dubois, Wy building a log cabin one year. It’s a very scenic part of the country.

Comment

Finally got to relax an enjoy this tonight...

Thanks, guys, fer th great interview! BBQCentralShow

It was really nice, gittin to know ya better, Fire Art

Yer welcome to hang out hereabouts, any ol time!!!!
            I'll keep ya a place at th table, even if I haveta break out th leaf!

Brotha from anotha motha

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmn, I pulled out my sax after work yesterday, and played it for the first time in about 3 years. Something may be cooking.

Dogs were very confused!

• Fire Art
              Fire Art commented
              Editing a comment
              Mr. Bones and EdF could be on to something

• ILikePigButts
              ILikePigButts commented
              Editing a comment
              You guys should rewrite the Steely Dan song "Deacon Blues" to be about dreaming of being a pitmaster instead of sax player and call it "Deacon Q's." haha

Just now listening to this. Great stuff guys. I especially love the discussion about what’s cooking and what people like. That’s the magic for me - finding your own way and making things people love and ask for! The trades stuff is gold. I’ve been trying to expose our boys to people I meet Through work and in our community in the trades. I work in real estate development in a large metro area and I have to say that despite a glut of people in the trades it can still be hard to find folks you can truly rely on.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              But when you do find them, they are gems!

• KarchyBBQ
              KarchyBBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              EdF agreed!!

Just listened in - great interview. Serious MCS - I am jealous

Comment

I never commented on this, sorry, but good to hear from you, Josh #belated Fire Art

Comment

• Craigar
                Craigar commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm still tryin' to catch up.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here