Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 77 - "EdF" Interview - October 19, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 77 - "EdF" Interview - October 19, 2017

With a name like Ed...it has to be good!! Join me as we learn more about forum member EdF on this Pitcast...befpre that we get caught up on some news stories of the week. I hope you enjoy this week's version of the Pitcast!!

Lets go!

Comment

Great to hear from you ED! I was looking forward to hearing from you.

Let me know if there are any that you really like in Brooklyn. So when I visit I can check it out! I have been to Dinosaur, I thought that was a good spot. Have you tried that one out.
      My brother adapted, I don't know how. He went to school out there and never came back!

I really want to cook on one of those new TEC grills. I would like to ditch the gasser and pick up the TEC. I mean I feel partly responsible for making you by a KBQ, so it is only natural that you would make me buy a TEC. Thanks for the info. That past inferred I used turned those burgers into hockey pucks!

I am also a huge ribs fan. Although I have to admit, you can have the chicken. Too much fuss involved with making it.

That convection action of the KBQ is awesome. I prefer the PKB for everything. The only time I use my other cookers, is if I don't have time or energy to use it.

Pork butt butterflied? Marinated in garlic and herbs? And I get to use a cast iron pan? I am in! You need to post that recipe/technique.

I hear you on the Arteflame. I really want to try one of those rigs. And what a great party piece.

I would love to hitch a ride with you over to see the Rude boys! Henrik included! LOL. That is a great call.

"Meathedds' Fine" LOL

You gotta check out the MEAT UP! It would be great to meat you in person. Salutations to you, good sir. Thanks for taking the time to let us get to know you better. Great to hear from you.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        This is just so easy, especially for a CI guy, and so delicious: https://www.evernote.com/l/AKKwh0tnl...4OQGHYdmp1juUA

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Chicken is easy. Spatchcock, dry-brine a few hours, separate the skin to make pouches, rub in some olive oil, herb the outside if you like, but don't forget the pepper and garlic. Start the KBQ on full up, throw in the chicken. Indulge in your preferred method of passing time while feeding the fire. When it's ready, you'll start to smell it. Two hours light to finish.

Ed, I really enjoyed your interview. I love ribs also. Thanks for sharing the pork recipe. Gone to try it. Good job Gregg I look forward to the pit cast each week.

Comment

Another great interview, Fine Job, Gentlemen!!! BBQCentralShow EdF !
        Always wonderful to put a voice with an avatar, an' to hear y'all's stories!

Comment

BBQCentralShow Is there a way to share this with, say, my wife?

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Never mind - I figured it out.

Ed and Greg, another great show! A pleasure to hear you Ed, thanks for sharing your stories for us to enjoy! Great times!

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, I have a lot more interesting stories, but they're going to have to wait for another venue.

We could start with the very fine Korean BBQ available in the Chelsea/Koreatown part of Manhatten.

WAT!?! Know what I'm doing tonight!

Comment

EdF, and BBQCentralShow, this was terrific. Ed you may do a good job keeping your "MCS under control" but clearly enjoy provoking it in the rest of us! Great to hear you, brother. Thanks guys.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              As another aficionado of the Q has said: "Living vicariously is pleasant and cheap"! Or something like that.

EdF, (greg), 👍👍👍👍👍 Another Job Well Done‼️ Ed it was Good to Put a "Voice" with Your Avatar and Posts❗️ These Interviews are a Favorite Part of My Thursdays‼️ 👍👍👍👍👍 Thanks Gents❗️
            Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Great interview Mr. E!

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                Jon Solberg commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe I’m on tap for next week Spinaker

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Great to hear. Looking forward too it.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Jon, I am also lookin' forward to yer interview, with bated breath!

Very nice EdF good to hear your voice. I find these pod casts very enjoyable, a voice to a written face as it were!
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 20, 2017, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Very fun interview! EdF - you actually are the first interviewee who's voice sounded like I imagined. That includes my own!

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                It always sounds strange to me, because inside it doesn't sound like outside. My "radio announcer" voice captured both of my wives - somehow.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                When required, I can totally pull off my "Columbia School of Broadcastin'" voice, lol!

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, I totally agree!

Great interview as always

Comment

Awesome interview. Totally in character with my imagination. I agree with a trip to see Rude Boy all fires up!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here