Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 72 - "adamjs83" interview - September 14, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danjohnston949 The Muslims you are referring to practice a dietary law called Halal. It's similar but also quite different from kosher. One practice we have in common is that in order to be kosher animal must be slaughtered by a single knife cut to the jugular which is/was believed to be a very humane method of slaughter. Further in. It's cases the blood must be drained. From there on the procedures are different. As I understand it the halal process is somewhat ritualistic and spiritual where the kosher process is entirely mechanical; The animals organs are inspected for signs of disease and unhealthy animals are rejected. The remaining meat is then washed and salted to remove all blood and that's about it.

More detail here:
    Kosher and Halal foods are for those of the Jewish and Islamic faiths, and this lecture presents an overview of these two requirements as related to meat.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      adamjs83, Thanks Adam, I have always had an interest in Cultural, Religious, Political, & Ethnic Practices different from My WASP ND Farm Boy Up Bring❓ "Appropriate Greeting❓" for Yom Kippur to You and Yours!
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

I too enjoyed learning about kosher practices. Your interview was very good. I love these interviews. Hearing voices takes on a whole different meaning!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here