Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 71 - "Karon Adams" Interview - September 7, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 71 - "Karon Adams" Interview - September 7, 2017

** "Instant Classic" Alert ** No intro needed on this one.... Karon Adams wins the Pitcast (and the internet) today!!

**I think I might mention the date as 9/6...my mistake!!**

A great one!

Comment

I think instant classic is an understatement. I felt like I was listening to Splendid Table. Thanks for sharing your life and experiences! It was a real trip listening to this one.

Hahaha, My uncle was telling me about the beer they used to drink in college. "It was so cheap, that it was just a white can that said, BEER." Funny you mention the exact same thing.

The Mechanical Engineering with a Nuclear Operators Option? Why not throw that is there too!

Thanks Karen!

Comment

I am really glad you guys have enjoyed it. I apologize for my irritating giggle. I have never been able to banish it. no matter how many folks get irritated with it. once I get rolling, I lose the internal reminder to not giggle so harshly.

I have to give all respect and thanks to Greg. I could not do what he does. taking an interview is not easy. keeping the conversation from wandering, especially with someone like me, who tends to wander. and keeping me from wandering off into this or that little Sheldon Cooper detail on topics. not everyone cares to have the reason why a toast is called a toast explained to them every single time they fill a glass. Grep is an absolute hero!
        Last edited by Karon Adams; September 8, 2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          The giggle was charming!

Thanks fer th' Wonderful Interview, Y'All!!!!
        Enjoyed very much!
        Delightful!
        I would Google alla them words, but I haveta work tomorrow!!!
        BTW, Happy First Place on th' Pitcast, Sister!!!!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 7, 2017, 07:58 PM.

Comment

A wonderful and entertaining interview. Thank you Karon and Greg

Comment

Karon Adams, (greg) Rempe BBQCentralShow! Another Excellant Interview👍👍👍👍👍‼️ Greg What Did You Do to Cause Karon to Lose Her Southern Accent (Dialect)❓ Karon, I wish You could have Met My Dad! Your Explanation on Respecting the Animals that provided Us the Food We Ate! I think Your explanation was a Bit Easier on the Ears than Dad's would have Been! He Spoke NC-ND Farm with Embelishments❗️ I think it came from living within 10 Miles of the Canadian Line❓ As You pointed out to Greg, the Fall or Early Winte was Slaughtering Time! My Mom used to complain to Us Kids that the Holiday? was coming and Dad Had to Kill Something❓❓ Beef, Hogs, Turkey's, Chickens, Deer and Anything Elxe that Moved‼️ I did Enjoy Your Interview, it seems Farm (Ranch) Kids from all over have somethings in common, 1: How to Work & Play! 2: How to Live Without $ Money $! 3: How to Eat like Kings and Queens and Not Realize It❓❓ Again Thanks for a Great Interviews! OBTW, Karon Thanks for attempting to
            preserve what little Reputation I have left‼️ 🤗😇🤗
            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo Nd, Dan
            Last edited by Danjohnston949; September 7, 2017, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Karon Adams
              Karon Adams commented
              Editing a comment
              as I said before, my southern accent is one that comes and goes, depending on who I'm with. I was a Navy Brat during my ptr-lingual years. Pax River, to San Diego, to Texas before I was 6. so those are the accents I heard. deep south was later

Boy oh boy Gregg, did you just have a great one fall into you're lap. As far as you Karen, the giggle was not irritating. You were having a blast & we were having a blast listening to you. When I saw 58 min, I almost hesitated till later. Glad I didn't wait. Cool, really cool!

Comment

Sweet! I'll listen to this when I'm doing a massive overnight cook this weekend, sounds like it'll keep me both awake and laughing in the middle of the night :-)

Comment

• Karon Adams
                Karon Adams commented
                Editing a comment
                don't wake the neighbors ;-)

Amazing interview Karon! I'm gonna listen to this again. I think I get more out of it each time! Lovely and entertaining.

Comment

This was a lot of fun! I too have similar views on vegans. I get that you want to eat what you want to eat & ignore what doesn't appeal to you, that sums up all humans. But the pretentiousness that many vegans dish out annoys me. I have friends who went vegan and they take pictures of their quinoa and raisin dishes (or whatever, you get the idea) and use hashtags like #crueltyfree. That is where I too lose respect for that particular crowd of people. There's no purpose behind those statements other than to try to shame the rest of us who don't share that particular mindset. And I always say to people what would cows exist for if not milk, leather & meat? They're not pets, they're not transportation, they're not wise enough to exist on their own like deer (or are they? Hmm, maybe...) Anyway, Great interview both of you Karon Adams and BBQCentralShow

Comment

Not cows as we know them. they CAN roam freely as we see in southwestern grazing. most popularly seen in the Bundy case, when the cattle had been freely grazing on gov land for 300 years. but, that free graze also means you are going to lose cattle. They have little real defense from predators other than size and numbers of aggregate hooves. when allowed to free graze in an area where predators are around, a good number will be lost. also, most of the folks in our area were of the mindset that the cows weren't vetted. but, that meant every once in a while, we'd lose a cow to labor. more than once i remember going out one morning and we had a pregnant cow. next day, she didn't come up, we'd go out and she had died bringing the calf. it was just part of the cow's world. but that was a different time. today, a pregnant cow would be isolated in a barn and monitored and attended by a vet like a woman would be in hospital. when I was a kid, the cow simply wasn't worth that cost. it's just changing times and changing economies. but, as we know them domesticated cattle could probably not exist in the wild. there are relatives. wildebeast in Africa, Bison in America but we have domesticated cattle for so many millennia, I don't think I know what the original animal was.

Comment

That was simply an awesome interview. Thank you for taking the time to do it Karon Adams .
                    Last edited by phoccer; September 9, 2017, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Wow! Great interview Karon Adams and Greg!

Comment

Oh wow I know what I'll be listening to after work today!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here