Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 60 - June 22, 2017 "Mr. Bones" Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got around to listening to this interview - great job Mr. Bones .

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, Thanks RonB !!!
      I appreciate yer kind words...
      Have a great ('n smokey) weekend, Amigo!

A German speaker and an electrician and a BBQ guy. I knew I liked you Mr. Bones . These interviews are great, it's nice to get another side of the folks that post.

Comment

Thanks fer them kind words, brother!
      I came factory-equipped with my own language, which I forced my parents to learn, to their dismay. Would not goo-goo, gaa-gaa, mama, dada fer them. Man! They was sore vexed, at th' time. Never said a "First Word", in Anglish. Said a sentence, which freaked out my Gma, She 'bout nearly dropped me on th' linoleum floor.
      Had German/Welsh Grandparents on one side, Scots/Irish on th' other, so learned plenty of those, as well, especially profanities,at a very tender age lol!
      Mizzurruhn was my 4th language, then Spanish, then Kansan, due to no @#$%*&! choice of my own.
      Later, added Sicilian, Japanese, some Vietnamese, Chinese, Tagolog, Turkish, Korean, Honduran, Farsi, an' Arabic to my reportoire, due to my 'travels'...
      Always addin' more colours to my palette...
      Jus' 'cause I talk, slow, like...
      Don't mean I think, slow, like!

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        There's no question around here about the speed of your thinking, @Dr. Bones ! You're one of the foremost of Pit Wits.

Oops Mr. Bones. ;-)

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Mais, EdF ,no problem with th' 'Dr. Bones' honorific; long been called that...
        Since way back in th' '70's, friends would come to me with their dire problems, 'cause they knew I was somebody they could trust...
        My Rx?
        Smoke two of these, an' call me in th' mornin'!
        Never lost a patient, btw...

Refreshingly honest, and honestly refreshing

Comment

Man! How kind of ya', an' profound, as well... Thankin' ya', kind Sir!!!
        I'm a' haveta steal that, dontcha know?
        Not fer use as a Self-Descriptor, but fer use, in my general vernacular...
        Hope ya don't mind, too awful much...???
        Deal is, it was all Greg! He jus' lemme hang out, fer a bit....

Comment

I'm trying to play it but after 4 seconds it stops?

Comment

• Hulagn1971
            Hulagn1971 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope but have not tried since Bones.

• BBQCentralShow
            BBQCentralShow commented
            Editing a comment
            Just tried it...no issues!

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            reckon 4 seconds of my babblin should be sufficient...

Mr. Bones ..... dang, my favorite thing to cook on any given day is chili .... finally listened to your pit cast and it is awesome!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Nah, Brother! I'll do it up right, jus' 'cause it's YOU!!!
            But, ya' haveta admit it was a funny mental image!
            Know how ya' can tell th' difference? There ain't no great BBQ 'round this town, fer me to buy...

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            I was laughing at you taking BBQ out of styrofoam, putting it on a grill, and then handing me ribs like you did it ;-)

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, I caught it, 'cause that's jus' what I was inferrin'! Takeaway comin' outta my cooker(s)
            I promise stone to th' Bone my own smoker food, when ya' get down this way, I swannee!!!
            Jus' holla'!!!

Sitting in my office, happily listening to Mr. Bones pitcast .... and I get interrupted by my daughter .... wanting to show me her new face scrub/mask thing ..... lord save me from women!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Super Glad ya' found Happiness, Brother! Cherish It Greatly!!!!!
            After my 2nd tour of combat, I jus' gave up on that ideal...
            I'm pretty danged certain that it is reserved for Humans....

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            Well Brother ... I may know what you mean ... but I'm not gonna blame the Army and all that for my own failings. Just took a while to find a lady that would put up with my shit.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, Eric!
            Not blamin' my condit on anything, or anybody.
            It is what it is, try daily to make better...
            TBI's caused irreparable hdd damage, partial system shutdown.
            I've rebuilt lotsa memories, etc., some remain unreachable.
            Ongoin' process, hope to gain ground every day...

Nice Dobro! "persistent, observant, and patient." <--- Top shelf advice for life in general, from Mr. Bones
          Last edited by Richard Chrz; July 1, 2019, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here