Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 60 - June 22, 2017 "Mr. Bones" Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great interview Sir.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks, Pirate Scott !
      Have ya' gotten signed up, yet?
      Jus' Do It!!!!

• Pirate Scott
      Pirate Scott commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe when I have something original to offer, Thank You for that vote of confidence. Seems we have some great Pickers in the pit. Love hearing the sound of the strings.

Great interview Bones!!! Great to put a voice to a name! I can just see you on that chair stirring the pot of chicken on that old stove top.

Dutch Oven cooking is the bomb for sides. Did someone say biscuits?

If you love chili, you should try Meathead's Texas Chili Con Carne, if you haven't already. Killer stuff. NO BEANS!! I would also like to try one of your recipes.

I love that saying Bones! "Everyone can bring something good to the table." Sums up your attitude pretty well Brother!

Thanks for taking the time to let us get to know you a little better!

Comment

• PJBowmaster
      PJBowmaster commented
      Editing a comment
      At least Mr. Bones. But you was still good!!!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Brother!
      Yup! I'll see back if'n I ain't already posted my 'regular chili' receipt; I know dang sure I posted my Texas Red, long 'bout Superbowl...Absitiveley, Posilutely guaranshee!
      "Ever'body brangs sumpin' Good to th' Table!!"

Mr. Bones Nice job on the interview!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, PJBowmaster !
      Ya' must have at least as bad of a hearin' impairment as I do!

• lonnie mac
      lonnie mac commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha! Man I know what you mean. I am so hard of hearing it is crazy. I have to have head phones on when I talk to people. I simply can't hear anymore. Whole life working on screaming aircraft engine and loud guitar.

Enjoyed it Mr. Bones - Thanks for sharing your thoughts and music!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Amigo!
      I'd like to re-record th' music part, we were havin' some connectivity issues, an' I can only hear mebbe half th' notes I was playin', on th recordin'...

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      At least they were the good notes Mr. Bones! Great listening to your interview. You are as down to earth and humble in voice person as in your posts! Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Nice to hear ya, Mr B!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks fer them kind words, my Friend!
      I appreciate it!
      Y'all folk make Dang Sure to thank Greg fer makin' these happen, a'ight?

Hey Mr. Bones . It was great to hear you play on that steel body. I love those guitars!

And I'll bet you can figure out how to play this on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_NHONzlalU
    Last edited by EdF; June 23, 2017, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      EdF, thanks fer th' vote of confidence!!!
      I could, but cain't...
      My life has been dedicated on learnin' (from th' Source), perfectin', an' passin' on of th' Delta Blues, from th' Masters, many of which have, sadly, left us now...
      I ain't got much time fer other...

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      A man's gotta make his choices!

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Two great men who left us too early. Toast to you both.

Is it my imagination or are Greg's Pitcasts getting better every week? This was funnnnn!

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Not your imagination.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Meathead !
      It means a great deal to me, Good Sir!

Mr. Bones You are a delight. Drop me an email. I'd like to buy you that offset. meathead at amazingribs.com

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      This is fantastic!!!

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Just when I couldn't be any more impressed with Mr. Bone's interview and lonnie mac's Mr. Soul along you come and up the bar on generosity. Good stuff Meathead!

Great stuff Mr. Bones! I was definitely looking forward to this one and you didn't disappoint. Thanks for sharing with us! Great job on the member interviews BBQCentralShow. Keep 'em coming.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks fer them kind words, T-bone !!!!
      Means a whole lot to me, Amigo!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Mods: please delete this accidental duplicate post, at yer convenience.
      Tango Yankee!!!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 24, 2017, 08:02 AM.

Great to here you Mr Bones. I enjoy the pit cast with interviews now. Wonderful plan Greg!
    it cooled off this evening so I built a fire in the fire pit by the garden. Just to have a cold one
    while listening to the fire crackle and catch up on the pit.

Comment

Mr. Bones, Lonnie mac, (greg) Rempke, Great Show Guy'sl! You Fellers Humble Me! I can't tune a Radioรขยโ€œ Mr. Bones, like @DWCoweles Your Voice was made for Radio and BBQ Too รขยโ€œ Lonnie mac, It's obvious You had Your Hands Full Growing Up leading You to Tie Your Mouth Organ around Your Neckรขยโ€œ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
        BBQCentralShow commented
        Editing a comment
        Danjohnston949 - You did not put "K" in my last name, did you? :-)

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        (greg) Rempe, Oop's The Puter Made Me Do Itรขยโ€œ Sorry Boss !
        From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Miss you Dan - hope the bird mutts are fetching for you and Mr. Bones.

If I can elaborate from my previous post in this thread, I find these new personal interviews fascinating! To meet on this forum, chat, and finally hear my friends actual voices on this forum is VERY cool! I have tried this on other forum's before with dismal failure. I have to hand it to Greg at the pit cast for even trying this. What a fantastic job!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Heartily echo Major Kudos to Greg BBQCentralShow !
        An', oh my Brotha, I wanna hear ya' on there!
        Yer at least eleventeen times cooler than me!!!

• PJBowmaster
        PJBowmaster commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with you Lonnie! Cool stuff!!!

• BBQCentralShow
        BBQCentralShow commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee had the idea... I just ran with it! :-)

Danjohnston949 Many thanks! I'm always more than delighted to hear from ya', my friend!!!
      I greatly appreciate yer kind words, Sir, an' have th' deepest respect fer ya', as well!!!
      It would do me great honor if ya' would git' signed up to record a show with Greg, so I could hear yer voice, as well.
      Greg is a master at makin' this easy-peasy, jus' same same as talkin' on a telephone call...
      It don't look like, in this life, I'll prob'ly ever have a new enough vehicle to drive up that far, sit on yer porch, play some git-fiddle, an' make BBQ with ya! (Plus, a Bucket List T-Model Ford ride!)
      I ain't drove one since th' late '70's...
      But, a man can sure enough dream!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 24, 2017, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones, Driving a Model T is Just Like BBQ'g all it takes is Lots of $'sรขยโ€œ Any time You want a Ride or Some BBQ just Give me the Heads Up and Stop By!
        From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

I love that this catching on!!! Let's keep the train rolling! Thanks again Bones!! Great work.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Many thanks, again, Brother!!!
        Greg is what makes it Rock, not my tired ol' arse!!!

lonnie mac , Spinaker, Greg BBQCentralShow, Mr. Bones, DWCowles, @etal! Our Old and Now Departed Friend, "Smarkley" used to say that the "The Best Friends He Had Never Met Were In "The Pit" "! Greg, I think this Feature of the PitCast and the BBQCentral Show is enhancing what Smarkley had Said! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
      Well Done and Thank You!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; June 24, 2017, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I am deeply honored to even bein' mentioned in th' same post as Smarkley, or any of th' other esteemed Pit Members, above, Amigo!
        Many Thanks, my dear friend!!!
        Please, do tell Eunice I said "Hey!"

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here