Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 60 - June 22, 2017 "Mr. Bones" Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Mais, EdF ,no problem with th' 'Dr. Bones' honorific; long been called that...
    Since way back in th' '70's, friends would come to me with their dire problems, 'cause they knew I was somebody they could trust...
    My Rx?
    Smoke two of these, an' call me in th' mornin'!
    Never lost a patient, btw...

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    There's no question around here about the speed of your thinking, @Dr. Bones ! You're one of the foremost of Pit Wits.

Oops Mr. Bones. ;-)

• BBQCentralShow
    commented on 's reply
    Danjohnston949 - You did not put "K" in my last name, did you? :-)

• BBQCentralShow
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee had the idea... I just ran with it! :-)

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Thanks fer them kind words, brother!
    I came factory-equipped with my own language, which I forced my parents to learn, to their dismay. Would not goo-goo, gaa-gaa, mama, dada fer them. Man! They was sore vexed, at th' time. Never said a "First Word", in Anglish. Said a sentence, which freaked out my Gma, She 'bout nearly dropped me on th' linoleum floor.
    Had German/Welsh Grandparents on one side, Scots/Irish on th' other, so learned plenty of those, as well, especially profanities,at a very tender age lol!
    Mizzurruhn was my 4th language, then Spanish, then Kansan, due to no @#$%*&! choice of my own.
    Later, added Sicilian, Japanese, some Vietnamese, Chinese, Tagolog, Turkish, Korean, Honduran, Farsi, an' Arabic to my reportoire, due to my 'travels'...
    Always addin' more colours to my palette...
    Jus' 'cause I talk, slow, like...
    Don't mean I think, slow, like!

Leave a comment:

• JCGrill
    replied
    A German speaker and an electrician and a BBQ guy. I knew I liked you Mr. Bones . These interviews are great, it's nice to get another side of the folks that post.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    I am deeply honored to even bein' mentioned in th' same post as Smarkley, or any of th' other esteemed Pit Members, above, Amigo!
    Many Thanks, my dear friend!!!
    Please, do tell Eunice I said "Hey!"

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    A man's gotta make his choices!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Hey, Thanks RonB !!!
    I appreciate yer kind words...
    Have a great ('n smokey) weekend, Amigo!

• RonB
    replied
    I finally got around to listening to this interview - great job Mr. Bones .

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Scott
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe when I have something original to offer, Thank You for that vote of confidence. Seems we have some great Pickers in the pit. Love hearing the sound of the strings.

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    lonnie mac , Spinaker, Greg BBQCentralShow, Mr. Bones, DWCowles, @etal! Our Old and Now Departed Friend, "Smarkley" used to say that the "The Best Friends He Had Never Met Were In "The Pit" "! Greg, I think this Feature of the PitCast and the BBQCentral Show is enhancing what Smarkley had Said! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    Well Done and Thank You!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; June 24, 2017, 06:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Danjohnston949
    commented on 's reply
    Mr. Bones, Driving a Model T is Just Like BBQ'g all it takes is Lots of $'sรขยโ€œ Any time You want a Ride or Some BBQ just Give me the Heads Up and Stop By!
    From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Many thanks, again, Brother!!!
    Greg is what makes it Rock, not my tired ol' arse!!!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Mods: please delete this accidental duplicate post, at yer convenience.
    Tango Yankee!!!
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 24, 2017, 08:02 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here