Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PitCast Episode 40 - January 26, 2017 - Dr. Blonder interviewr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PitCast Episode 40 - January 26, 2017 - Dr. Blonder interviewr

Dr. Greg Blonder Interview - We also take a look a the industry news, get a Pitmaster Club update and much more!

Links: Meatingplace.com

Great interview with Doc Blonder!

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
      BBQCentralShow commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree...Dr. Blonder brought it!!

Very good show. I've eaten Michael Symon's steak, and it's really good. But so is not resting a steak, lol. I too am in the "who cares, the second half of your steak 'rests' while you eat the first half hot" camp, and I agree with the good Dr. that it matters much more to salt ahead of time.

Comment

"Roach Brand" chicken??? Who came up with that name for God's sake???

How 'bout "Trichinosis Tri-Tip"?

That's the best PitCast I've heard.
      Last edited by Lowjiber; January 27, 2017, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Great show Greg. Loved the interview with Dr. Blonder

Comment

I really enjoy this show Greg

Comment

I wish Blonder was my professor in college. He's easy to listen to and loves his work, and that's important.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
              I wish Blonder was my professor in college. He's easy to listen to and loves his work, and that's important.
              And can you imagine the delicious homework assignments?!

Comment

The talk with Dr. Blonder is one of the best pitcasts yet and it's interviews like this which add so much more value to membership!

Talking about people getting active on the forums, I think part of it is convenience for updates. I was going to mention needing RSS feeds when I stumbled upon this https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...monthly-digest My biggest issue with getting involved was being overwhelmed and feeling behind because I couldn't log in every day. I'm more active on other BBQ forums because I can keep up on my rss reader which pulls new topics to my phone or laptop. Pitcast is the only place I comment on a regular basis here because I get that in my inbox. Getting new topic posts across the forum there would be nice if it was a daily digest.

BTW, Go Erie PA for getting a mention at the end

Comment

downloaded the Soundcloud app and followed your podcast. It says "No public sounds". im guessing I can only listen to this podcast sitting at my computer? I was hoping to listen on my commute to work. Does anyone have a workaround

Comment

• Craigar
                    Craigar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I just listen to it directly from the Pit on my android. I ran into the same problem you experienced, went back to the AR website and opted to listen to it directly from this website.

smart, that would work out just fine.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here