Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 37 - January 5, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 37 - January 5, 2017

Prediction/Trends with Chad Ward for 2017 - We also hit the news desk, get a Pitmaster Club update and more!! (Tiger Meat Sandwiches!!??)

Links: Meating Place

Last edited by BBQCentralShow; January 8, 2017, 12:14 PM.

Greg,

I thought your trends and predictions were interesting...

I'm definitely in the camp that thinks the "egg on everything" fad needs to go.

While I have been reluctant to SV, I'm starting to get more curious now... especially with the frigid temps rolling in....

In regards to the restaurants and the debate over fast casual vs sit down full service with a bar thing.... You guys brought up some interesting points and I'm not sure if there is a right or wrong answer there. One thing in the discussion I found interesting though was you and Chad's take on alcohol and liquor and how it did or didn't factor into the equation. That got me thinking about a series of articles I read by Tyson Ho, the creator of Arrogant Swine, and his journey to open his BBQ restaurant. Here is the link to the articles about his journey. If you scroll to the bottom and start there it gives you a more accurate chronological sequence. Regardless if you are a fan of Tyson or not, it is an interesting read with some interesting points of view.

Additionally it would be awesome if you could score someone from Weber to come and talk about the new Genesis II line. In addition to giving us the rundown on it also get them to speak to their decision to move production to China. Their FB page has been catching a little flack over it and it seems to be a legit concern. The canned answer they seem to be giving is that it was designed and engineered in the US. Also it would be interesting to see if the current trend of manufactures returning to the US or cancelling manufacturing plans in other countries has or will cause them to reexamine their decision to move production to China.
    Last edited by Nate; January 9, 2017, 07:20 AM.

Comment

I was interested in the things Gregg mentioned that he has no pics of.

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
      BBQCentralShow commented
      Editing a comment
      Pics or it didn't happen!! :-)

Also, NO ONE was concerned with the "Tiger Meat" story I did....I am very worried about my WI residents!!

Comment

• spoon
      spoon commented
      Editing a comment
      WI is like Camelot. It's a rather silly place.

On the subject of Tiger meat, the reason you didn't get comments is because you said it all! It is high risk behavior, but it never ceases to amaze me how little people know about food and food safety.

Great PitCast as usual!

Comment

Could not disagree more on sous vide. It will last but never become mainstream. I see it like the crockpot. It is really convenient for starting a meal in the morning. And the food tastes really great. But it has limitations so I don't see it becoming as popular as, say, grilling. Ever.

Comment

I'm a WI rez & as far as "tiger meat" is concerned, those people who partake are in the Darwin Society as I view it!

Comment

I'm a Wisconsin transplant, and was at a holiday party 5 years ago when I first saw this sandwich. I saw someone consume it and asked what it was and they said "tiger meat" and explained what it was. The. He took another bite. I don't know if it was the 3 old fashions in me but I remember running to the bathroom and blowing chunks...... I came back and told my wife we need to leave because these people were nuts and we might be next on the menu...

Comment

Originally posted by Advantage49 View Post
            I came back and told my wife we need to leave because these people were nuts and we might be next on the menu...
            This is the best line to date!! LOL!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here