Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 35 - December 22, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 35 - December 22, 2016

IT'S A KRAUT REVOLUTION!! This week I spotlight an interview I did a while back with the largest sauerkraut manufacturer in the world. I also cover the week's news, update the Pitmaster Club and take a look ahead at this coming weekend. HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!

Early Christmas gift for us! Thanks for still posting a show this week. Should help w/ the commute to the in-laws.

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
      BBQCentralShow commented
      Editing a comment
      I am here to help!!

Okay I caved in and listened to it already lol

I love me some sauerkraut. I'm from PA and he was right pork and sauerkraut is a staple come new year's dinner here. Though I mainly use it for hotdogs, brats, and reubens. Personally I always buy Gundelsheim (renamed to Kuhne) sauerkraut cause that's what my parents always had. It's shelf stable and comes in a glass barrel shaped jar.

I checked out the website and saw that Silver Floss has a Bavarian style that I'm going to try next time though!

Comment

The Rockefeller of Kraut?

Comment

Thanks for another great production, Greg! Love me some kraut!

Comment

Cleveland Kraut might be a good idea Steve_D12 ....its soooooo good!

Comment

I worked in a polish butcher shop when I was 14/15 and remember when the barrels of kraut would come in before Christmas and we'd sneak tastes of it raw. The old polish ladies would go crazy mixing it in with dishes.

I'm all about the kraut on New Years Day BUT what I don't like is when family cooks the pork and kielbasa in it. The pork always tastes dried out and the kielbasa has a weird texture. Almost sponge like.

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
              BBQCentralShow commented
              Editing a comment
              spoon, I agree on all of the above. Cleveland Kraut is a local maker around me that is producing an incredible product...literally good enough to eat all by itself...and makes for a great topper on a number of other dishes too.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here