Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 33 - December 8, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 33 - December 8, 2016

In this episode: A more "in-depth" look at the Arteflame and the inserts they offer. How to fire them up and so forth! A blast of news, a forum update and more!!

CLICK HERE for the Fall Giveaway

Gloves at least prevent all that sludgy buildup on your hands so washing after trimming meat is super easy....but yes, ALWAYS wash after removing gloves. Wearing them can be a false sense of security if there's the tiniest pinhole big enough for one bacterium or virus to get in...then you scratch your nose, feed your baby, etc. In most if not all healthcare establishments it's protocol that workers must wash when doffing (removing) gloves- alcohol sanitizer is acceptable unless your hands are visibly soiled.

Great hearing about the Arteflame. This cooker/cooktop really intrigues me.

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
      BBQCentralShow commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee, I believe I will both wear to prevent "crud" and then wash for safety going forward...I was living in a dream world...OH THE HUMANITY!!

Thanks Greg for the interview with Arteflame. WOW....1/4" carbon steel...that's the same thickest as my Lang. Can't wait to try the Arteflame 26" insert out.

I also wash my hands after taking the gloves off just a habit I gotten myself into.

Comment

I agree with Huskee & DW... I typically wash my hands or use sanitizer after taking gloves off... I'm the most paranoid about it when it comes to raw chicken... I'm also using the gloves to create a barrier for all the gunk (rubs, sauces, marinades, etc...) as much as I am bacterium and such...

I'm interested to see what happens to the price of the Arteflame after they start mass production.... he mentioned a change but didn't say how much or which directions.

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
        BBQCentralShow commented
        Editing a comment
        Ramp up production will not be an increase in price! So THAT'S a good thing!

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        That was my thoughts... BBQCentralShow , I missed it though... were they going mass production on the 40" one, the kettle inserts, or all of the above?

• BBQCentralShow
        BBQCentralShow commented
        Editing a comment
        Nate, They are ramping up production on all items.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here