Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 30 - November 17, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 30 - November 17, 2016

This week we talk about what make up the coveted wagyu beef Berkshirehire hogs...we also hit the news desk, take a look ahead at the calendar of events for this coming weekend and much more!

Great show again, Greg!! It went well with my non-McRib lunch!

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
      BBQCentralShow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank goodness!!

Yes the McRib sucks, I also think Starbucks sucks but that is just my thoughts. And, as always, I am trying to get my head around the resting of a steak.
    When one of these authorities talk about a steak taking a nap, what kind of time are they talking about,& do you need a stop watch to get the proper rest before you dig in? Any thoughts on the matter, then again I know the answer. Just wonderin! Great interview with the Snake River Farms gal.

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
      BBQCentralShow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Fireman...my steak rests enough from the "right off the grill" to digging in...Getting the sides and beers ready...I burn a good 5 minutes or so. That's good enough for me and I don't even try to do that!! :-)

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Exact same here Greg BBQCentralShow

I guess it all depends on what you were weaned on. Growing up in central Nebraska in the 70's and 80's when the McRib came out in '81 it was the closest thing we had to barbecue, barbeque, Bar-B-Q or even BBQ. To me Arby's was a rarer version of my mom's pot roast (that was back in the day when they actually sliced your beef from a roast that was in an oven behind the counter). Every now and then I will grab a McRib for nostalgia sake, take a couple of bites, chuck it and then hit the Big Mac.

Comment

I loves me some Big Mac.

Comment

My preference is the "Porcelain Room", White Castles buy em by the sack. Only problem is, there is'nt one near me. Closest is in ribeyeguy's neighborhood, 2 1/2 -3 hrs away. Then, I'll take a Big Mac.
        Last edited by FireMan; November 19, 2016, 07:23 PM.

Comment

So Greg, how do you feel about the McRib? #unclear #joke

I can't eat a 14oz Wagyu ribeye cap? Challenge accepted. Now who wants to buy me one ...

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
            So Greg, how do you feel about the McRib? #unclear
            Huskee, remember...it's a pretty simple formula:

Action Taken

1. Person "X" buys McRib

Logical Conclusions (scientifically proven) follow:

1. This person HATES America
            2. The terrorists win (to borrow a phrase from Meathead )
            3. Person "X" also boils their ribs...AND LIKES IT!
            4. Person "X" believes the Cleveland Browns are "Just one more year away" from winning it all!!

I beg all of you to be vigilant...do not let these creeping marauders run a muck in our society..bring them to justice!!

Comment

Originally posted by BBQCentralShow View Post

Huskee, remember...it's a pretty simple formula:

Action Taken

1. Person "X" buys McRib

Logical Conclusions (scientifically proven) follow:

1. This person HATES America
              2. The terrorists win (to borrow a phrase from Meathead )
              3. Person "X" also boils their ribs...AND LIKES IT!
              4. Person "X" believes the Cleveland Browns are "Just one more year away" from winning it all!!

I beg all of you to be vigilant...do not let these creeping marauders run a muck in our society..bring them to justice!!

I take issue with this post.

"A muck" is actually one word, amok. That is all. Lol. 😋😋😋

Comment

There is a possibility that Greg might also be right. Cuz he did speaketh of marauders "creeping", which could refer to them being in the dirt or mud, especially since there is a reference to the Browns. To settle this matter, the aforementioned author of said piece would have to be consulted. What you say Greg?

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
                  BBQCentralShow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fireman is correct! Thanks for the benefit of the doubt!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here