Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 25 - October 13, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 25 - October 13, 2016

In this week's episode: I cover the past week's news, get a Pit Club update, look ahead to the coming weekend events and get off a good rant about technology eroding our fire management skills

Arby's and pork belly? I don't think so Tim. Given how they have screwed up a perfectly good roast beef sandwich, I won't be trying anything else of theirs anytime soon. However, I do like their potato cakes.

Comment

Nearest Arby's- 50 miles away. Not gonna happen.

Everybody does not have phones in this house. Even the 13 year old. We still got a pay phone down the road. He can mow a yard, make change, and use the pay phone.

I REALLY don't want a fan system while cooking with wood. Just a wide open flow of air. Everything else, give me rest.

Comment

@BBQCentralShow
        Juddlight has had it a couple times for lunch and was impressed with it.

Comment

spoon did a review on his Pittsburgh BBQ account and thought it was pretty good! https://www.instagram.com/p/BLG6XUlD...by=yinzlovebbq

Comment

• spoon
            spoon commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm editing a full video right now

Here are my thoughts on the Arby's Smokehouse Pork Belly Sandwich in a quick YouTube video. I recorded it last week so technically the Steelers *DID* win

Das video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITTOwA7TYBE

Comment

spoon

What I learned: you REALLY love horsey sauce on or with your curly fries...like A LOT!!

I also learned the following: 'Merica, Steelers suck (ex-Browns fan) and the sammich was, perhaps, not as bad as you expected.

Good vid!!

Comment

BBQCentralShow I really do love that sauce. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. Too bad Cleveland doesn't have a hockey team so we could beat you at that also . I am cheering for the Tribe though.

Here's the deal with the sandwich, it's not bad for what it is. If you go in all hoity toity BBQ snob, you won't like it because your mind is already made up. I've learned this from the many years of covering the craft beer industry, just because it's mass produced (or in beer's case, made by a big corporation) doesn't mean it sucks and every brewer has a beer they go slumming with.

Every beer and every meat has a purpose and situation it's best suited for. If I'm on the road/need a quick fix for bbq with limited time, I'd absolutely hit up the Smokehouse series. The only way they can screw this up is if it's overcooked which mine was not... or if they leave out Horsey Sauce... again.

Comment

That pork belly samich is an awsome fast food lunch!! I see a few more in my future haha 😋

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here