Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PitCast #4 - Brisket & News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PitCast #4 - Brisket & News

I cover the week's news stories, talk backyard brisket with Joe Haynes and have a look at some contest results...and look ahead to some events for this weekend.

Links Mentioned:
    Meatingplace.com is the online community for North American beef, pork and poultry processors.

Get in-depth coverage of news, reviews, and conversations about Texas barbecue. It’s basically Christmas every day for barbecue lovers. Merry Christmas.

Kansas City Barbeque Society is a competitive cooking organization based in Kansas City, Missouri, famous for Kansas City BBQ. It is the largest competitive barbecue organization in the world, with more than 16,000 members. It was founded in 1986 by Carolyn and Gary Wells and Rick Welch.

http://www.epicurious.com/expert-adv...illing-article
    http://www.maxim.com/entertainment/w...e-steak-2016-5
    Product experts who lab-test your everyday purchases. Appliances, parenting, kitchen gear, tech, and more. Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network.

wooohooo!!

Comment

I'm really enjoying these a lot.

Comment

I plan on listening to this when I get up from my nap. Lol I had a 2:30 a.m. road trip and am finding I'm way more tired than I thought as I keep knocking stuff around.

Comment

@PitCast #4, Meathead, (greg), Another good show! Some Sound Quality Issues with the Joe Haynes Interview!
          From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
            BBQCentralShow commented
            Editing a comment
            Danjohnston949, cell phones, while great for almost every other reason, are the bane of an interviewer's existence...few have hard lines anymore!! LOL!

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            (greg), I figured that might have been the case! I figured I would let you know in case you didn't! Great Show
            and thanks fo the prompt response! From Fargo ND, Dan

Greg: I'll try his suggestions. Since he mentioned practicing with less expensive cuts, e.g. chuck, I'll give it a shot, and I'll let you know.

Comment

Enjoyed the PitCast. I usually cook larger brisket though. If we don't a large crowd I like left overs + share with the neighbors.

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
              BBQCentralShow commented
              Editing a comment
              I also think a foodsaver is also a great tool so you don't have to limit the size of the meat and won't lose any leftovers either!

Any way to get the pitcast in a feed? I realize this is an exclusive for the pitmaster club. I listen to podcasts on my android phone with the BeyondPod app, which does allow username/password for secure podcasts.

Comment

• billg71
              billg71 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, me too! I drive a LOT and most of my listening is podcasts and audiobooks, I hate sitting in front of the computer listening to something or eating up bandwidth streaming on the phone. And a lot of my driving is in marginal cell coverage so streaming isn't really the answer.

• BBQCentralShow
              BBQCentralShow commented
              Editing a comment
              I will consult with Meathead about a possible download scenario.

• billg71
              billg71 commented
              Editing a comment
              Greg, that would be great. I think we, as a group, could be trusted not to post them on YouTube or something. BTW, I just started listening to the BBQ Central show, I like it! Thanks.

Where is the pit cast forum located?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr ROK View Post
              Where is the pit cast forum located?
              You're in it now, but one step further in the "Topic" (or individual post) of Pitcast #4. To get to the main PitCast channel click the "breadcrumb", or trail, at the top of the page just under the main menus, shown by the red arrow & circle in the below pic. Every Pit page has the breadcrumb which allows you to back up and shows you where you are.

Or, for future easy access, click the Forums tab then find the "PitCast with Greg Rempe" channel. Both methods get you to the same spot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	111.PNG
Views:	150
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	167465

Comment

Pitcast is an excellent forum. It is a great source of current information. Perhaps a small segment could be included in each pitcast with one of the amazingribs staff. You know, a what's new with you sort of thing. Tips and tricks. How's the kids, anything regarding the amazing crew at amazingribs.com group.

Comment

For me, this is the best one yet.

Comment

Practice, Practice,Practice!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2948.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	169424

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here