Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PitCast #2 News and Interview with Brad of GrillGrates on his Indoor Grates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PitCast #2 News and Interview with Brad of GrillGrates on his Indoor Grates

In this episode:
    A recap of the past week's news stories in the BBQ, Grilling and Food world.
    A spotlight segment with Brad Barrett of GrillGrates.
    A new question in the "Mail Call" segment
    A look at upcoming events for this coming weekend
    A review of competition results through the various sanctioning bodies.

www.grillgrate.com
    theplate.nationalgeographic.com
    www.technabob.com
    www.businesswire.com
    www.heinzbbq.com
    www.meatpoultry.com
    www.greatcookout.com
    www.kcbs.us
    www.fbabbq.com
    www.ibcabbq.org

Meathead, (greg) Remky, I think The PitCast is a Winner! 👍👍👍👍👍 From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Thanks Danjohnston949 ...I am still working hard to come up with the best format (length and content)...Meathead is helping. My hope is that week 3 will yield the best product yet. I am happy you are finding value in the first 2 efforts.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Greg, Maybe a little more on Que and a little less on Who? IMHO? From Fargo ND, Dan

• BBQCentralShow
        BBQCentralShow commented
        Editing a comment
        Danjohnston949 - Can you be a little more specific on that? Thanks!!

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Greg let me think about this, I don't want to shoot from the hip and screw every thing up for You! I think your
        Survey will give you some food for thought! Thank You for Asking I think the Pit Cast, BBQCentralShow is Great!
        From Fargo ND, Dan

$12 burger, $120 worth of Antacid.

Comment

BBQCentralShow

I really like how you incorporated Kenji's bone myth, very descriptive and informative. A little cooking/mythbusting tidbit for us to chew on is awesome!

Great rehashing about the differences in cooking backyard BBQ vs Comp for those new to the differing concepts between the 2 styles.

Personally I'm less interested in hearing about the teams and people's names & where & so on, but that's because I'm not in that world whereas it may be ear candy to others.

Maybe it's my just speakers but when the music is playing in the background on your outros it seems me to be a touch too loud underneath of your voice. (?)

I wonder if tailoring more Pit-centric stuff would be of value? Such as how many members we're up to now (each week), 'watch your email for the next Hot from The Pit newsletter from Pit Boss, it's on its way _________', 'the latest video interview that's just been posted is ________ and you can find it by clicking Forums > Video Interviews', etc.

Keep up the great work. I really enjoy this!

Comment

I'm liking the PitCast. I think it's a Hit in The Pit!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            I know you didn't go there...

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
          BBQCentralShow

Personally I'm less interested in hearing about the teams and people's names & where & so on, but that's because I'm not in that world whereas it may be ear candy to others.
          Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
            I'm liking the PitCast. I think it's a Hit in The Pit!

Comment

I think it'd be pretty cool to come up with a poll and ask folks what they want to hear about. BBQCentralShow might be a good idea for you to start it!

Comment

Another great segment Greg. I like how you answered Huskee's "Mail Call" question. I think many of us backyard cooks have wondered how their 'que would stack up against the competition product, whether they had a burning desire to compete or not.

Comment

I realize there's different styles, I guess my question was geared more toward a novice competition cook being successful making competition style product on their first foray.

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
                    BBQCentralShow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Huskee...the bottom line is that the majority don't go out and win their first event. BUT...some do.

BBQCentralShow where can I find the first episode. I seen to have missed it.

DEW

Comment

BBQCentralShow If I pause the Pitcast, there is no way that I can figure out to restart it where it left off. There is also no way to advance it so starting it over is not a viable option.

Comment

• BBQCentralShow
                    BBQCentralShow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There should be a small "X" in the top right of the box when you pause it...click that and it will bring you back to the player right where you left off. I just tried it and it worked for me...please give it a whirl and see if it provides the same results.

• Dewesq55
                    Dewesq55 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks!

• BBQCentralShow
                    BBQCentralShow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Also, there is no way to bookmark...good idea...but you wouldn't get "all of me!!" LOL!!

Just catching up on these. Love the content and the first episode was blessedly devoid of Greg's love for sound effects. It seems they're back. Ugh.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here