Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deer Ribs Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Ribs Question

I’m wanting to smoke some deer ribs this fall once I get my whitetail. Do u have a good recipe for those?
    &
    Do I have to remove the membrane off the back on them like you would on pork ribs ?

My not be what you want to hear. but white tail ( the only deer I hunt ) are not worth the effort. If I shoot it I eat it. My deer do not go to a processing facility. I process everything myself - grinding - making sausage - back strap - roast- any cut you want. But the ribs go with the guts, hide, and any other remains to feed the other wildlife. I could not begin to advice you on smoking venison ribs, there is just not enough meat there to work with.

Comment

I agree with jharner, there's just not enough meat to work with.

Comment

I've considered trying ribs. The following link has a rib recipe in it. I'm pretty sure if I get around to it I'll be underwhelmed.

Deer Liver, ribs, etc....

Comment

On Amazing Ribs Website.
          How To Cook Venison Ribs

By Clint Cantwell

Smoked Venison Ribs with Coffee Dry Rub Recipe

Just might have to give it a try this year.
          Another entry to my BBQ Bucket List.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I just like to tickle my Dear's ribs.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Mine screams when I do that!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here