Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full smoker load of venison sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full smoker load of venison sausage

I am back to making deer sausage this weekend. There is 25 lbs of garlic summer sausage, 50 lbs of cheddar bratwurst,. 25 lbs of buffalo wings brats with mozzarella cheese,. 25 lbs of French onion brats,. 25 lbs of cheeseburger brats,. 25 lbs of hot dogs and 25 lbs of beer sticks.. not much room left on the smoker cart.. ​ ​ ​

Sounds great. I'm making venison/beef summer sausage today. BTW - You're pictures are not showing.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      You can't see the pics?? They show up on mine.

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, maybe I need new glasses, but no pics here

• MTurney
      MTurney commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea Backroadmeats the pics aren’t showing up my end either. Based on your description I would love to see them!

Just thought of a question to ask Meathead on the next pod cast. Is he going to add more exotic meats to the site (deer / game animals) and how to prepare them.
    Maybe he is still waiting for Jerod Broussard to actually hit something he is shootin at

Also does he have any guts coming to the AR menu in the future? (liver/kidney/sweetbreads)
    Last edited by Ahumadora; February 23, 2020, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I shot at one deer this year and he got a ride in the pickemup truck.......

Ahumadora We recorded it yesterday. You had some great questions. We would like to add game and I am actively looking for an authority to help us.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Chicken of the tree? texastweeter?

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      HawkerXP probably the same as tree rats, or limb bacon. If so, yes.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahumadora, if I bring another coon into the house, I’ll probably be evicted.

Ok I will try again. Let me know if ya can see these pics!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200223_094450.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	806940Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200223_094434.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	806942Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20200223_095020.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	806941

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      texastweeter I actually use very few of my own recipes I gave up on that years ago and started buying my spices. I got sick of ruining 50 dollars worth of meat by not paying 7.50$ for a good seasoning packet. Almost all the seasoning I use are from p&s seaonings out of wisconsin

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      I was interested in the hot dogs, and the buffalo with motz

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup those are both seasonings I but from p&s seaoning. I add 3lbs of high temp mozzarella cheese to the buffalo wings brats. They are really good but the hot dogs are fabulous!! texastweeter

Sticks are done and into a cold water bath. Hot dogs are starting to get some nice color on them Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200223_122245.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	806970Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200223_121936.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	806969

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank goodness my Doctor doesn't take my temperature like you are on that poor hotdog, third row down. No wonder its crooked.

Pics are showin' and the product looks great.

Comment

👍👍👍 🕶

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        expected a sausage party joke from you. Poundsign DISAPPOINTED

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        texastweeter , I figure he needed all the support he could get seein he only had a few stands of sausage.

Now that’s some sausage

Comment

French Onion Brats sound awesome. Do they taste pretty much like brats with Lipton's Onion Soup mix added.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
          Backroadmeats commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes suppose they kinda of do.. I add a little mozzarella cheese to them too.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here