Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my deer back from the processor today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my deer back from the processor today

Looks like I’ve got to find some ways to use some venison.
    Attached Files

Looks like you have some cubed up already. This is one of my favorites with venison:

Just sub venny for beef and everything else stays the same.

Comment

You are gonna have some good eats in front of you.

Congrats on the successful hunt!

Comment

Chicken fried backstrap.

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Oooh, oooh, oooh! 👍

• gcdmd
          gcdmd commented
          Editing a comment
          @FireMan

Yeah, man.

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Makes a mean schnitzel too.

Eaten literally tons of that stuff in my day.

Comment

sausage and jerky

Comment

Let me know if you need to find ways to eat it, I can help with that.

Comment

One of my favorite ways to cook venison is to marinade a leg roast in the same Cabernet marinade I use for tri tip, then reverse sear.

Comment

Strictly speaking, this isn't gumbo, but it's good. You could thicken it with roux to make it more cajun.

VENISON GUMBO

2 cans beef broth
                1 can Hunts or Ro-Tel (regular or mild) diced tomatoes with green chilies
                2 packages frozen gumbo mix (Birdseye)
                3 cloves garlic, minced
                1 link venison sausage, sliced
                2 lbs. venison, cubed
                Tabasco to taste
                Salt and Pepper to taste

Cube venison and soak in the refrigerator overnight in solution of 1 Tbsp baking soda to 1 quart water. Rinse and drain.

Add all ingredients to crock pot and cook 24 hours on low.

Serve over rice.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here