Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Started making deer sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started making deer sausage

I spent the last week making sure all my equipment was running correctly. Now on to making deer sausage. This afternoon we made 100 lbs of brats. 50 lbs of summer sausage and 50 pounds of sticks.. all went well and tucked in the cooler till tomorrow morning when I put it in the smoker. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191230_185059.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	785204
    Attached Files

I'll be attempting to collect more venison for sausage Wednesday morning. I have 19 pounds already.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Heck yeah.. how long does your season go down there?? Archery hunting??

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Backroadmeats It is still rifle season until Sunday but I can't seem to put the bow down for a couple reasons. I shot my spike with a bow back in October and this is another bow (Christmas gift to me) so THIS bow technically hasn't killed anything yet, plus, muzzleloader starts Monday for two weeks and you can ONLY use a muzzleloader and the end of muzzleloader season will be the end of deer season in east Texas.

• W.A.
      W.A. commented
      Editing a comment
      Get a cheap muzzleloader. I got a CVA Wolf and love it

In the smoker or goes!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191231_085719.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	785420Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191231_085738.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	785421Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191231_090044.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	785422

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Mack Daddy!

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Donw . We will see how it turns out.. this is my first time running this smoker.. it is messing with me a little right now!!

• Beefchop
      Beefchop commented
      Editing a comment
      You are not messing around!

So it begins. Good luck and thanks for taking us along!

Comment

Looks awesome!

1 question: Aren't the snack sticks and the summer going to need different amounts of time in the smoker?

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup . The stick are in the front so when they are done I pull them and shut the door till the brats are done then finish the summer sausage. It slows the smoker down a little but doing 3 different runs would take way to long

Not a bad week .. made 800 lbs of venison sausage,. Sticks and brats. Also got a couple of hamburger cows in which slowed down the sausage production. Click image for larger version  Name:	MVIMG_20200104_085102.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.46 MB ID:	787688Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200104_085218.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.60 MB ID:	787689Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200104_112030.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.65 MB ID:	787690

Comment

Wow. That just made me hungry. Quite the collection.

Comment

This is very wow. I also wanted to more about on how to make a sausage that does not commonly taste like regular. I just build a storage for it and I think it's almost done. I hope I could information like this. Thanks

Comment

I need to find me a good hotgut recipe. Dad KenC52 gave me a LEM sausage stuffer, and I need to put it to use.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Totally Cool, lookin forward to what ya come up with, Brother!!!
              Yer definitely in th right neck o th woods to try several famous notable hot guts an I'm admittedly intrigued as to what yer personal spin will be...
              I speculate at least one mix will include some rather hot peppers, and Jack Daniels Black to start off with.
              That's th batch I wanna order, in advance

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here