Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bison Supplier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bison Supplier

Evening All:

ive been wanting to get some bison steaks for a while. Problem is I live in Florida and I’m a but skeptical of blindly ordering meat online and paying $20+ per pound. Anyone have any experience buying buffalo?

Sounds like you have been buffaloed in your attempts to get bison. Sorry, but I can't help.

Comment

It's not hard to find around here. My favorite restaurant serves it as a option to beef on their menu and there are a couple of farms locally that raise and process them. It is good meat and I have it now and again. It's a very lean meat and keep that in mind on how you cook them. I've bought buffalo roast and used it in chili and it was outstanding. Online may be your only choice of sourcing it. Try to find a site that has customer reviews and go from there. If yiu want buffalo you are going to have to trust a vendor at some point and go with it.

Comment

marxfoods.com has nice prices but they sell in pretty large quantities for most people. Never bought bison from them but other things have been high quality.

Comment

Hi guys,

We have been ordering from these guys for years since coming across them while pheasant and grouse hunting in South Dakota. They are wild grazing buffalo in their native habitat eating native vegetation. It's as good as it gets and the quality of the meat shows the care taken in raising and harvesting the animals. I'd highly recommend trying it out. https://wildideabuffalo.com/

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            They look very interesting. Thanks

Bison is readily available in groceries here in Houston, but it's not that cheap, kind of a novelty. I'm surprised you don't get any down in Florida. It's relatively common so ordering online should not be that expensive, I'd look around and catch a sale.

Quite frankly I'd rather just have prime beef anyway, better bang for the buck.

Comment

• Ahumadora
            Ahumadora commented
            Editing a comment
            I am with you on that. I ate it once as a novelty, but rather just buy some nice beef.

I would ask at some of your local grocers. I've been able to buy it, but it was always frozen and not in the regular meat case. Main place I bought it had it in a little bank freezer at in a corner. Someone near you may have some squirreled away somewhere.

Comment

Thanks all!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here