Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Deer Fatty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys thanks. Coming from you all kind of swells my head. Hope I can get in the door. LOL

Comment

I have never asked my butcher to grind meat for me but I have asked him to cut meat. He has never charged for it. I still want to be in control of what I put in it. Don't you all??

Comment

Originally posted by Guy View Post
        I have never asked my butcher to grind meat for me but I have asked him to cut meat. He has never charged for it. I still want to be in control of what I put in it. Don't you all??
        The way I see it is it's all biological material. As long as the meat tastes good when cooked, and it usually does, I don't care if it all came from chuck or a little of this & a little of that. There is a certain satisfaction that comes form grinding it yourself I suppose, but to quote Ernest 'I can't be bothered with that.'

How many meats have we eaten or at least sampled that were known to be offal, such as head cheese or liver pate, sweet breads, etc? It's all mental if you ask me.

Comment

Prolly right Huskee. So you grind yours with a real grinder?? Do we have any reviews on grinders. Don't see them from a quick glance.
          Last edited by Guy; February 10, 2015, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Guy I haven't ground my own yet. I have a KitchenAide stand mixer and I would probably just get a grinder for it. I've been thinking about that since last summer, but I suffer from MI (motivational impairment). My dad has an old tough hand crank grinder we used to use when grinding venison burger when I was a kid, I suppose I could borrow that. Some day....but again, motivationally impaired.

Comment

Huskee, never heard it called that but glad to know what my problem (impairment) is too. My Dad was a butcher in his younger days and so he had all the butcher tools (all commercial grade) at his hunting camp. Grinders, saws, knives, tenderizers, slicers, etc. Someone broke into the camp and stole it all after about 15 years or no problems. I think it was someone we let hunt one time but could never prove it. So dad never got around to replacing all before he passed away. Which I had it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here