Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wild hog tenderloins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild hog tenderloins

Now what to do with the rest of the meat from the two hogs I shot Sat night?

​ ​ ​ ​

Grind some for sausage and Italian sauces. I cook the rest of it just like store bought pork many times. The butts and hams need to be injected with oil though, and always crutch. A lot of the time I leave the ribs on the loins to make tomahawk pork chops that I have a recipe for and serve it over wild rice with a spicy mushroom tomato sauce spooned on top.

Comment

• W.A.
      W.A. commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I hacked off the ribs though. Definitely going to try injecting and making a bunch of sausage.

Jerod Broussard hunts wild hogs, maybe he can help too.

Comment

also, most lamb recipes work well for feral hog, kinda like sheep dip.

Comment

I love to cube mine up, marinate it and cook it on skewers.

Comment

• W.A.
          W.A. commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like a great idea Jerod. Thanks!

I assume those little clear boxes are pics.

Comment

• W.A.
          W.A. commented
          Editing a comment
          I see all the pictures I wanted and then saw those clear boxes. No clue what happened, but I dont give a rip

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s the spirit!

All above info is solid! That is unless what you shot was a big old "trophy boar hog". If so, that is why someone invented pepperoni.

Comment

• W.A.
          W.A. commented
          Editing a comment
          One was a little boar and the other a sow. Both around 100lbs each. I passed on the big one I saw.

• HorseDoctor
          HorseDoctor commented
          Editing a comment
          You should be in great shape with that size porkers. Even the bacon from old boars smells like boar pizz! Older sows are OK and as long as they are young (prepuberal), boars make just fine table fare. Enjoy!

Yea no pix bud, but if your having problems figuring out what to do with that pork, I can come relieve you of some

Comment

Second try

Click image for larger version

Name:	9B08180D-BAFF-4F66-8E11-1AC5BC3BB60D.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	484647Click image for larger version

Name:	5C230213-93A9-4D5E-A509-95E40A4DEFFC.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	484648Click image for larger version

Name:	897FCA98-1333-4007-AB68-42525D993C3A.jpeg
Views:	134
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	484645Click image for larger version

Name:	39212B8B-E1BB-4A6C-B0DA-5B0E21D4396B.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	484646Click image for larger version

Name:	9EA550A9-C860-49D5-A19A-9723C1E05A77.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	484644

Comment

Boy Howdy! Looks awesome! Hope that tasted as good as it looks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here