Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backstrap Wraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backstrap Wraps

Butterflied some backstrap, seasoned it up, added some pepper jack cheese, jalapeno and onion, wrapped it up with some turkey bacon (no need to make fun LOL), tossed it on the OTG and MAN it was GOOD!!
    Attached Files

Sweet. Wife wants some Q'd backstrap this weekend.

I may go with the button buck's. It is already trimmed and ready. That big doe can come later.

Yeh, that bacon looks fake.

Comment

• Guy
      Guy commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL Jerod be nice.

My wife is really big on turkey bacon. LOL! Happy wife, happy life!

Comment

haha

Your avatar picture at the Texas BBQ forum is better looking.

Comment

• Brisket Syndicate
        Brisket Syndicate commented
        Editing a comment
        Wise guy huh? LOL

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Knew you would like that

Just sayin...

Click image for larger version

Name:	turkey bacon.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	30657

Comment

• Guy
        Guy commented
        Editing a comment
        No it doesn't taste the same.

• _Keith
        _Keith commented
        Editing a comment
        In fairness "not the same" is not synonymous with "bad"

Y'all play nice! LOL

Comment

They had funnel cakes with bacon bits at the La State Fair.

Comment

What's backstrap?

Comment

The loin of a deer.

Comment

I cooked some up last night on the Pit Barrel off a doe I shot with the bow in October. Half had REAL bacon.

Comment

Looks great. Turkey bacon is a small price to pay for domestic tranquility! I've done the same recipe with cream cheese in place of the pepper jack...Love me some back strap.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here