Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern day Trichinosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern day Trichinosis

I could bearly get through that. LOL

Comment

• clkq4
      clkq4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Eat me and pay the price.......ha!

Just goes to tell you join here get Mcs and learn how to cook

Comment

Does Meathead have a smoked bear recipe on AR?

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think You Will have to go to Spinaker for a Proper Recipe!
        From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha, I eat them raw right after the battle. Danjohnston949

In my Sous vide group some folks have been cooking bear. Best to keep it at a pasteurized time/temp.

Comment

Hahahahahaha. I was new to an office once and the boss brought me some bear meatloaf. He lives in a remote area of the county off the grid. He shot the bear in his front yard. The meat loaf was delicious. So he gave me a sealed, frozen pound of ground bear meat to try on my own in the smoker. When he brought the meatloaf in, little did I realize that everyone in the office had scattered. It's because he had brought some in before and everyone in the office got sick. They told me AFTER I ate it. When I brought the meat home, my I called my son who was living in High Island, Texas at the time. He was very excited about trying the bear out when he got home for the Holidays. When he did, I went to look for it in the freezer and it was gone. My wife said to herself "H E double L" to the bear meat because of trichinosis. My son and wife argued about it - he like boar meat - says cooking it to temp and it's all good. My wife doesn't budge. They both get really animated about it. So when I want a good laugh I just ask in their presence "Why did you throw that bear meat away again?" If I show her this video, she will say "You see." She will send it to my son and he will say "No, it was raw meat, you see?" I will get to laugh even more!

Comment

Not surprising! Most human trichinosis lately has come from bear rather than pork. At lest commercial pork. Feral hogs may be less safe.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here