Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whole Goose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whole Goose

Hi all
    Christmas is fast approaching and here in Denmark we traditionally eat whole duck/goose or pork roast for christmas. A lot of people do their duck/goose on the grill.
    This year I am in charge of making the whole goose and i have a general plan. But it could be fun to hear if anyone here has done it before or has some advice.
    I am wondering if brining the whole bird would be a good idea. Else I would set up for 2 zone and let it have ca. 150 degrees for as many hours as needed to get to the right temperature with drip tray beneath to make gravy.
    Any other ideas or advice??

Bie, My wife Eunice is 1/2 Dane and 1/2 Norwegian but she never talked about goose! She has many cousins in Denmark perhaps one of them would have some advice? I have never cooked a Goose either oven or grill. I think you would have to be careful not to dry it out? Try Bacon on the breast! Good Luck 👍👍🍀👍👍. Dan

Comment

150 degrees cooking temp? Legs need to get to at least 165, how's that going to work?
      I did a whole goose for Christmas once but I Had the breast cooked separately.

Comment

• Bie
        Bie commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there
        Are we taling about the same scale? I am talking about degrees celsius.

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        That makes sense. LOL

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here