Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Venison back strap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison back strap

First time smoking one. Neighbor asked me to do it for him. They brought me a chunk…it was very good. The full packer is tomorrow’s dinner.

One Venison backstrap dry brined/salted for 24 hours
    Next day medium dusting of garlic powder, black pepper & warm apple pie rub
    Wrap entire backstrap with thin sliced bacon
    Smoke at 275 until IT of 135
    Wrap and let rest for half to one hour.
    Slice and enjoy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rmeugene; December 21, 2021, 04:48 PM.

The bacon wrap, never done that. may have to give it a try, mostly slice into steaks.
    Looks good, PBR good.
    Last edited by bbqLuv; December 21, 2021, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Can you format this as a recipe, including amounts of your ingredients and steps? Otherwise it isn't a recipe, it's just discussion and we can move it to the discussion channel.

Comment

• rmeugene
        rmeugene commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn’t have amounts to list. Hope I did it sufficiently. Trying to become more involved instead of just being a "serial" lurker. 🙂

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here