Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deer sausage season!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer sausage season!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211124_181249_hdr.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1135868 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211125_045501.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	1135869 We have finished boning out the 128 deer we got in a started making sausage last Tuesday. Today we are finishing up some packaging of the last of 2068 lbs of the first batch. Oh also smoked 148 lbs of turkey for neighbors and the help the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Here is 600 lbs of sticks hanging in the cooler and 250 lbs of summer sausage. Almost half way done.

I want some,,,,,

Comment

Wow! That is amazing. So much venison. It is crazy to think that it is happening all over the place, so much deer out there.

Interesting how you smoke those turkeys whole like that. Very cool to see!

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        The first week we cut up 96 by Thursday afternoon .we had the other thirty done Tuesday. Then did 2 hamburger cows to finish out the week. I know sounds weird but I am contemplating not even taking deer next year. I think I can do better going a different direction. I am now licensed to do meat for sale that can be sold in stores and to restaurants. Lots of doors are starting to open I never thought would be a reality.. I am adding on to about double the size of the cutting floor this spring

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        That is awesome news! It is crazy how new stuff pops up like that. Backroadmeats

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup crazy I right.. this was sopposed to be a slow down and spend time with the kids thing... But has turned into holy crap the kids can make a good living running this thing!! And we have enough good help we can leave and nothing changes..my five year old boy wants to skin a pig so bad. He is back there all the time asking to help.. he just needs to get a little bigger or we have to build a shorter skinning rack.

Dang! 128 deer! That’s crazy!

but all of that looks so good! Gives me ideas of making up some charcuterie again over the holidays.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        Ohh I saw it and watched with amazement!!I even ordered the umai bags. But somehow got busy and never got back to it.. I am not sure that would work in my application. I am looking into the aging cabinets now if ya have any advice on those!!

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Backroadmeats - no advice I can provide. My aging was done in my oven for the first few days and then in the garage fridge. Strictly home dry age hack!

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        I love it..but I have to take a few more prcations bit your post has really got me thinking ...

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here