Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Venison Ribs done temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison Ribs done temp

Long story short. My brother deer hunts and has challenged me ways to smoke deer. I got some venison ribs to start what is the considered done temp? I can't seem to find one. I may have missed it. Thanks in advance.

Great question, they are done when cook thoroughly, and tender. But, for me, the meat on the ribs is for ground deer burger or deer sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqLuv View Post
      Great question, they are done when cook thoroughly, and tender.
      Ditto. Toothpick test be best.

Comment

Doubt you can get a probe in there. Are you talking about a rack of venison with the loin/backstrap attached?

Comment

Steve Rinella did a video on this. Ill post the link if you are interested.

From a quick look on the internet it seems like you should cook them like pork ribs temp wise. So 195-203 F. But I have no experience with them personally. They are probably too thin to probe anyways. Toothpick test sounds right.

Also this from the main site.

Rich and full of flavor, smoked venison ribs are a great change of pace from pork ribs. This mouthwatering recipe begins with a robust coffee-based dry rub before the ribs are smoked on the grill until moist and tender. To finish the ribs, they are served with a complementary coffee-based BBQ sauce.
          Last edited by Eric2662; October 23, 2021, 05:30 AM.

Comment

A friend brought me these just now....Thawing as we speak. Any suggestions??Jerod Broussard or anyone who has done these. {"data-align":"none

I did these a few years ago. They were awesome!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here