Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tamales 🫔

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greygoose
    commented on 's reply
    Will do

• marshall
    commented on 's reply
    Nice, let us know how you like them!

• IowaGirl
    commented on 's reply
    That's fer sure, good buddy. Didn't cha know -- they'll take care of your hemorrhoids.

• IowaGirl
    commented on 's reply
    No, I didn't, but I can see why adding it would be tasty.

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Do you eat the corn husks for the roughage? You know LIke burrito?

Leave a comment:

• Texas Larry
    replied
    barelfly We add some of the liquid from the puréed chili/onion/garlic/cilantro mix we use for the meat filling in ours gives the masa a great flavor and a little color.

Leave a comment:

• Greygoose
    replied
    Looked so good that I ordered a party pack !

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you both - Oak Smoke and IowaGirl for showing this New Mexico boy how it’s done! I know tamale making is a chore, which is the main reason I haven’t made these.

Did either of you use a bit of red chile mixed into your masa? I looked at the Serious Eats recipe and it didn’t call for it. Just curious? I know that messes with the hydration ratio for the masa, but really brings some flavor to the overall tamale.
    Last edited by barelfly; January 20, 2021, 08:21 AM.

• IowaGirl
    commented on 's reply
    Here ya go -- https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...d-pork-tamales

• marshall
    commented on 's reply
    Lol! Well I did bake them to perfection!

• Bkhuna
    replied
    While homemade tamales are wonderful, I don't have the inclination to spend a weekend in the kitchen making them. I either buy them at the Mexican grocery store when the owners wife makes them, or I order from Texas Lone Star Tamales. They are very good. And if you order enough they don't charge for shipping.

Leave a comment:

• Oak Smoke
    commented on 's reply
    I had a thread here a while back on making tamales. IowaGirl really refined it and made it just right. I'm sure you can find it.

• barelfly
    replied
    Those look great! And nice addition of the red chile on top!

I must admit - I saw the title with your name......straight thought you were about to show me how to make scratch tamales!!! It was one thing I have never done and thought you may just tell show this New Mexican how it’s done!!

Leave a comment:

• Texas Larry
    replied
    They look great!

Leave a comment:

• Mark V
    replied
    Good tamales are hard to find. Those look pretty good!

I asked once for the recipe my grandmother used, and an uncle told me she never made them herself, she bought them from a woman who set up shop in a supermarket parking lot!
    Last edited by Mark V; January 19, 2021, 08:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here