Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enchiladas for the mortals that might be here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatch is great! I've been through Hatch, NM a few times, too. Awesome road trip stop if you love green chiles!

Comment

If you'll use the Hatch green chili enchilada sauce it makes wonderful chicken enchiladas. Some cheese, some sour cream,shredded chicken, a little bit of heavy cream for moisture, and the green sauce assembled as you described has fed my kids and now my grand kids many times. I use the green sauce in a couple of soups we're really fond of too.

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        We just got a can of the green this week to try.

Never apologize for finding a short cut to flavor. Not everyone has the luxury of standing over a stove/smoker for hours to produce the perfect "from scratch" recipe. You're light years ahead of the cooks who season with salt and pepper only for every.single.meal. ( uhhhh, I love you, Mom. ).

This sounds delicious. I'm going to source the ingredients and give it a go.

Kathryn

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed, I’m looking for them from every store from now on, order if necessary, i trust shortcuts from members in here.

I didn't know Chi Chi's still existed.

Comment

Is the Hatch red sauce spicy or mild?

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s mild, but I think they might have different spice levels available.

• RickyBobby
          RickyBobby commented
          Editing a comment
          I was going to ask the same thing! Ever since the couple of operations I had, I can’t do spicy anymore. Which is sad. I like a little heat, but a Jalapeño that trends a touch on the warm side(not even hot) could lead to an ER visit for me.
          Last edited by RickyBobby; January 15, 2021, 09:03 PM. Reason: Correcting the auto-incorrections.

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          I do believe their mild is really mild...I’m a poor judge though, but my daughter has been eating them and doesn’t like spicy at all and hasn’t said a word.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here